And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2016, 07:00:13 PM
Both bands suck. They are the Hair Metal bands of grunge.

For Fuck's balls.

You take that back.  Those bands have absolutely nothing to do with grunge. 
You even live up there, you know better than that.   :mad:

Officially called post grunge bands.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Remember the scene in Full Metal Jacket when Pyle got his ass beat? Me and Seedy are gonna pay you a visit.

I'll even buy the soap and towels.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2016, 07:12:47 PM
Remember the scene in Full Metal Jacket when Pyle got his ass beat? Me and Seedy are gonna pay you a visit.

I'll even buy the soap and towels.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2016, 07:10:19 PM
Officially called post grunge bands.

So can everybody else since 1994.  STFU, Silverchair.

Ed Anger

Tamas: how I order a case from my wagon?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

When shops deliberately place more expensive items beneath the labels of cheaper items- <_<
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I picked up some fresh fruit juice on the way to work. It came in a plastic bottle, and when I was drinking I noticed something was written on the bottom but couldn't quite make out what.

The print at the bottom of the bottle read, "Open other end." WTF? One end (the top) has a screw top, the other doesn't. Who thought this might be a necessary reminder?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2016, 03:57:02 AM
I picked up some fresh fruit juice on the way to work. It came in a plastic bottle, and when I was drinking I noticed something was written on the bottom but couldn't quite make out what.

The print at the bottom of the bottle read, "Open other end." WTF? One end (the top) has a screw top, the other doesn't. Who thought this might be a necessary reminder?

The same people who put "Caution: contents hot" on a coffee cup.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2016, 09:36:52 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2016, 03:57:02 AM

The same people who put "Caution: contents hot" on a coffee cup.

If you think some people would not complain that a cup of hot coffee burned their fingers, you are mistaken.

Valmy

At least hot coffee could conceivably burn you if you were taken unawares. Not really sure what injury would result from trying to open the wrong end of a juice bottle :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

They caught the guy suspected of shooting two cops in Iowa.  Wasn't Yi.  So that's good news at least.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Speaking of stupid warning labels, thank you to the British nanny state for putting all those graphic OMG SMOKING KILLS labels on my cigar boxes. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 02, 2016, 10:33:07 AM
Speaking of stupid warning labels, thank you to the British nanny state for putting all those graphic OMG SMOKING KILLS labels on my cigar boxes. 

Pretty sure we wanted those in US but then there was concerns about free speech that I think got quashed. I think ultimate thing was that FDA has to eventually come up with different labels on there.

The example ones for US, I believe had gross images in addition to text.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

But they're treating cigars as if they were cigarettes.  I mean, I disagree with the huge graphic labels on cigarettes as well, but that's a separate issue.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall