Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 27, 2016, 04:47:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2016, 03:50:07 AM
What is wrong with some people.
On the metro the chairs are arranged so on one side you have a block of 4 facing each other, 2 backwards and 2 forwards, and on the other side a block of 2 facing each other.
I get onto a pretty much empty metro and sit on one of the blocks of 2. Have it to myself.... and some woman comes and sits directly opposite me.
There are plenty of intake blocks. But she commits this grievous etiquette faux pas. Some people....

An even bigger faux pas would've been to tell her how much of a faux pas she was committing.

In New York noting it with a curse would be the height of social graces. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: alfred russel on October 27, 2016, 07:01:20 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 27, 2016, 04:47:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2016, 03:50:07 AM
What is wrong with some people.
On the metro the chairs are arranged so on one side you have a block of 4 facing each other, 2 backwards and 2 forwards, and on the other side a block of 2 facing each other.
I get onto a pretty much empty metro and sit on one of the blocks of 2. Have it to myself.... and some woman comes and sits directly opposite me.
There are plenty of intake blocks. But she commits this grievous etiquette faux pas. Some people....

An even bigger faux pas would've been to tell her how much of a faux pas she was committing.

tyr should have tried striking up a conversation. maybe she thought he was cute.

Tyr would not have complained about the faux-pas if she was cute.  :P

Josquius

:lol:
Yes. The reaction would have been more one of "she had the entire carriage to choose from yet she decided to rub legs with me....
Fuck. I should have said something. "
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Tyr, tou fuxiing psycho.  Did she make you feel compelled to wash your hands 37 times in a row afterwards?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Are those fashion statments?  What are you supposed to do with that little tiny truck bed?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
Are those fashion statments?  What are you supposed to do with that little tiny truck bed?

Check out the size of truck bed on a Ridgeline, a Frontier, Colorado, or the like.  They mostly have really tiny beds if paired with a 4-door cab.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
A "one-ton pick-up" is apparently one of the most successful vehicle classes worldwide. Not in the US though, where the market is dominated by the F-150 etc. which are bigger. Main markets are Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and Australia.

The Brain

I hate to get technical but I need room for a HMG on my truck.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on October 27, 2016, 03:09:27 PM
A "one-ton pick-up" is apparently one of the most successful vehicle classes worldwide. Not in the US though, where the market is dominated by the F-150 etc. which are bigger. Main markets are Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and Australia.

But one tonners generally have don't have the crew cab, jah?  I've ridden in smaller pickups that only had one row of seats, and thought the bed was plenty big.

Zanza

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2016, 03:12:32 PM
I hate to get technical but I need room for a HMG on my truck.
That's a different product line.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2016, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: Zanza on October 27, 2016, 03:09:27 PM

But one tonners generally have don't have the crew cab, jah?  I've ridden in smaller pickups that only had one row of seats, and thought the bed was plenty big.
Comparable models are the Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier and both seem to come with crew cabs, but have a choice between a long and short bed. But obviously if you need a bigger bed often, you wouldn't buy a Mercedes in the first place. This is still a premium vehicle and not really meant for commercial use, even if it comes in the form of a pickup.

Admiral Yi