I've only spent a net $1700 on buying motor vehicles.   :hmm:
-£50  :champion:
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Josquius

Ugh I hate birthdays.
Wracking my brain thinking what on earth do buy my mam for hers.
Of course she just came out and asked me what I want for mine: Nothing of course.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2016, 03:06:24 PM
Ugh I hate birthdays.
Wracking my brain thinking what on earth do buy my mam for hers.
Of course she just came out and asked me what I want for mine: Nothing of course.

Buy her a book you think she will enjoy.

MadImmortalMan

My hotel in Bellevue had their sprinkler system malfunction in the middle of the night. The riser and everything in that wing went off at 2 AM. Large kerfluffle ensued, I had to change rooms, etc, and then two days later realized I had lost my wedding ring in the shuffle. I can NOT WAIT for 2016 to be over. I'm so done with it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Well, boxing world champion Tyson Fury is taking it pretty well that he tested positive for cocaine.

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/782911970966138880

He renamed himself to TYSONMONTANA, tweeted:

QuoteBoxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of shit, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a dick, happy days. :D :D :D

and changed his profile picture to:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteKim Kardashian Is Tied Up in $9 Million Jewelry Heist, French Officials Say

PARIS — Just after midnight on Monday, Kim Kardashian West left an intimate Fashion Week reception and dinner in the Marais section of Paris, at which truffled scrambled eggs, white fish and copious amounts of Champagne were served.

With her sister Kourtney Kardashian, she posed for some paparazzi waiting outside. Along with a bodyguard, they entered a dark van with tinted windows and drove off.

About two and a half hours later, French officials said, Ms. Kardashian West, a reality television star, was robbed at gunpoint of jewelry worth at least 8 million euros, or nearly $9 million. She was alone in a luxurious apartment in the Eighth Arrondissement, nearly two miles from the dinner, when two men burst in, tied her up and gagged her, then escaped with at least three accomplices, officials said.

The crime stunned fans of Ms. Kardashian West, who has millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram. Her husband, the singer Kanye West, abruptly walked off the stage of a concert in Queens when he learned of the crime. It also focused unwanted attention on France, where tourism has plummeted following a series of major terrorist attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/world/europe/kim-kardashian-robbed.html

garbon

What did the three accomplices do?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that the CDC expects this year's flu season to be a bad one, and is telling everyone to get their flu shots early.

Liep

Our parliament is opening and as per tradition the members stand up when the Queen enters, except all the lefties who refuse to honor her and sneaks in after she sits down.

It's silly, but it's the same people who complained that the far-right nationalist Pia Kjærsgaard (who is the president of the parliament because Denmark is a far-right nationalist country) put up big Danish flag in the room. "The time is not for divisive symbols".

And they wonder why people won't vote for them.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
QuoteKim Kardashian Is Tied Up in $9 Million Jewelry Heist, French Officials Say

PARIS — Just after midnight on Monday, Kim Kardashian West left an intimate Fashion Week reception and dinner in the Marais section of Paris, at which truffled scrambled eggs, white fish and copious amounts of Champagne were served.

With her sister Kourtney Kardashian, she posed for some paparazzi waiting outside. Along with a bodyguard, they entered a dark van with tinted windows and drove off.

About two and a half hours later, French officials said, Ms. Kardashian West, a reality television star, was robbed at gunpoint of jewelry worth at least 8 million euros, or nearly $9 million. She was alone in a luxurious apartment in the Eighth Arrondissement, nearly two miles from the dinner, when two men burst in, tied her up and gagged her, then escaped with at least three accomplices, officials said.

The crime stunned fans of Ms. Kardashian West, who has millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram. Her husband, the singer Kanye West, abruptly walked off the stage of a concert in Queens when he learned of the crime. It also focused unwanted attention on France, where tourism has plummeted following a series of major terrorist attacks.

Fingers crossed it was some sort of immovable permanent gag.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Back home from my trip. Ljubljana is a really pretty little capital, very nice city center. All the girls seemed to be blondes with short hair, bikes everywhere. The cuisine was an interesting mix of Germanic, Italian and Slavic. The country seems to be really picturesque but I didn't have the opportunity to leave the city.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
Kim Kardashian Is Tied Up in $9 Million Jewelry Heist, French Officials Say

Did you see the collection of not very sympathetic French tweets in response to this? Sounds like the French response is more on the languish wavelength.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on October 04, 2016, 02:02:39 PM
Back home from my trip. Ljubljana is a really pretty little capital, very nice city center. All the girls seemed to be blondes with short hair, bikes everywhere. The cuisine was an interesting mix of Germanic, Italian and Slavic. The country seems to be really picturesque but I didn't have the opportunity to leave the city.

Nice trip.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on October 04, 2016, 05:09:53 AM
Our parliament is opening and as per tradition the members stand up when the Queen enters, except all the lefties who refuse to honor her and sneaks in after she sits down.

It's silly, but it's the same people who complained that the far-right nationalist Pia Kjærsgaard (who is the president of the parliament because Denmark is a far-right nationalist country) put up big Danish flag in the room. "The time is not for divisive symbols".

And they wonder why people won't vote for them.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee