And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2016, 04:54:19 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 16, 2016, 04:49:08 PM
Travel? Doesn't look like you can fit much luggage.

You don't know how much junk I got in my trunk. :rolleyes:

OK Mr. Merrick.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

George Carlin: I kinda like it when a lot of people die:

https://youtu.be/s6BtEM1w19Q?t=1517

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2016, 11:21:11 AM
With my Samsung tab broken and my old laptop being too potato to watch HD YouTube while surfing as I noticed in Switzerland, I bought myself a new mobile toy.  :blush:

How much?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2016, 02:27:05 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2016, 11:21:11 AM
With my Samsung tab broken and my old laptop being too potato to watch HD YouTube while surfing as I noticed in Switzerland, I bought myself a new mobile toy.  :blush:

How much?

About 1000-1100 Euros.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

EUR 999.- for the 8GB RAM/256GB SSD version. Normally 1099.-, but The electronics chain had a EUR 100.- rebate for online orders.

It's my first Win 10 device, so I spent an hour finding my way through the settings, disabling all the functions that send usage data to Microsoft.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2016, 05:31:22 PM
EUR 999.- for the 8GB RAM/256GB SSD version. Normally 1099.-, but The electronics chain had a EUR 100.- rebate for online orders.

It's my first Win 10 device, so I spent an hour finding my way through the settings, disabling all the functions that send usage data to Microsoft.

Yeah, I'm getting use to my first windows 10 machine and I'm quite liking it.

The data switch off doesn't seem that hard and relatively upfront about it, as opposed to the google tablet I was updating for someone yesterday, nearly all the updates seemed to be about google services with data slurping functions.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Random bit of trivia for our American friends, there's a hidden spider on your one dollar bills.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2016, 07:46:27 PM
Random bit of trivia for our American friends, there's a hidden spider on your one dollar bills.

Can't find it.  Give us a hint.

HVC

It's on the top right 1 when looking at the side with Washington.

*edit* Bit more then a hint, but still hard to see
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Eyes are too old to see it.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2016, 08:06:09 PM
Eyes are too old to see it.
if you google "hidden spider on the one dollar bill" it'll show you where. Different variations of the question bring up different results but this one brings up a blurb and a picture. Google says the spider might also be an owl, but I was told it was a spider when I learned the trivia.

Admiral Yi

That's not a spider.  It's Charlie Brown's Halloween costume.

MadBurgerMaker

USPS is being weird with a package I'm waiting for.  It arrived in SA on Thursday evening, so I was thinking "Cool, it'll be here tomorrow."  Then they sent it to this little town called George West, about 90 miles from here.  Then they sent it back to San Antonio.  Now it's back in George West.  :unsure:  I wonder how long they'll do this for.