News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I had a goddamned shrew get in my basement this summer.  Glue trap + shovel got him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2016, 10:00:54 AM
I had a goddamned shrew get in my basement this summer.  Glue trap + shovel got him.

'The murdering of the Shrew' in two acts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I need to do something about my outdoor cat population. Can't kill them, don't want to piss off my neighbors too much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2016, 10:07:31 AM
I need to do something about my outdoor cat population. Can't kill them, don't want to piss off my neighbors too much.

Check with your local animal control agencies and shelter operations.  Trap-Neuter-Release programs are common enough now, if there isn't one active in your area, many placeslaunch specific and targeted operations at feral cat populations.

Grey Fox

I don't think they are feral cats. I think it's my assholes neighbors not keeping their cat inside.

CountDeMoney

Sounds like they're the ones that need to be TNR'd

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

Tyr, have you tried the Swiss drink Rivella? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2016, 10:36:50 AM
I don't think they are feral cats. I think it's my assholes neighbors not keeping their cat inside.

what are the cats doing?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Quote from: LaCroix on September 13, 2016, 12:00:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2016, 10:36:50 AM

what are the cats doing?

Marking their territory, shitting everywhere, eating my cucumbers (weird cat that one).

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

SirHockey moved to Hacker News:

QuoteYou're in for a rude awakening if you think "China is not going to touch US in military terms during my life time"

Most people believe that the US will always have the better fighter planes, the better missiles, or the better tanks. In reality, we are about to be parity. They will be stronger in some aspects, we will be stronger in others.

If you don't believe me, go check out the Chinese J-20, J-31 aircraft. Their DF-41 ICBM. The Type-99 tank.

They have been catching, and fast. They already have some systems that are better than ours. They also have twice as many soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines.

Source: Former Intelligence Analyst.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2016, 01:22:23 PM
Marking their territory, shitting everywhere, eating my cucumbers (weird cat that one).

My mom had a cat that liked cucumbers, too.  Probably just an odd coincidence.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2016, 10:04:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2016, 10:00:54 AM

'The murdering of the Shrew' in two acts.

Took me weeks to catch that fucker.  My office is down in the basement, and I would constantly hear him making little rodent-like noises. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall