News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

www.shuron.com

If they were good enough for Vince Lombardi, Barry Goldwater and Malcolm the Tenth, they're good enough for you.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2016, 03:21:37 PM
www.shuron.com

If they were good enough for Vince Lombardi, Barry Goldwater and Malcolm the Tenth, they're good enough for you.

Definitely do not look good on me.  Wish they did :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Yi-- I'll see if I can dig up the name of the site.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 03:41:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2016, 03:21:37 PM
www.shuron.com

Definitely do not look good on me.  Wish they did :mellow:

If it were 1958, you'd have no choice.

Face it, that's where you'd rather us all be anyway. :P

derspiess

Children respected their elders and didn't wear jeans to church.  And everybody liked Ike.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2016, 03:04:16 PM
Shoot me the link bitte.  Might need to replace my driving glasses too.

http://www.glassesshop.com/

I ended up getting two pairs of well-made, correct prescription glasses for $75-ish shipped.  Even included UV coating and extra thin lenses.  Zero complaints-- they were better than the last two pairs of glasses I had bought at the overpriced glasses place next to my optometrist.  Had to wait like 3-4 weeks but was prepared for that.

lustindarkness

My insurance pays for my glasses.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 12, 2016, 04:48:59 PM

Our vision plan pays for like $150 toward glasses, which covers the whole cost of my kid's glasses but is barely a dent in what a decent pair costs me in a retail place.  So I put that $150 towards contacts and buy my glasses online.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 04:44:31 PM

I ended up getting two pairs of well-made, correct prescription glasses for $75-ish shipped.  Even included UV coating and extra thin lenses.  Zero complaints-- they were better than the last two pairs of glasses I had bought at the overpriced glasses place next to my optometrist.  Had to wait like 3-4 weeks but was prepared for that.

Grazie.  But my question about buying online is: how can you tell if the frames make you look like a sex machine?

On a different note, I was kept company today by a pair of bald eagles, floating about 40 feet above the 3rd green.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2016, 06:50:14 PM
Grazie.  But my question about buying online is: how can you tell if the frames make you look like a sex machine?

Shuron charged me a minor deposit (I think $40), and send me a selection of 3 frames, to get an idea for size and comfort. Sent a shipping label with them so I could send them back in the box they came in.   Maybe derplorable's link does, too.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2016, 06:50:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 04:44:31 PM

On a different note, I was kept company today by a pair of bald eagles, floating about 40 feet above the 3rd green.

:cool:

Wildlife thread?

Certainly puts anything we've got to same, unless you got to the Scottish Highlands/west coast.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
My insuranceYour tax dollars pays for my glasses.

At least I get some of my tax dollars back.  ^_^

Thank you taxpayers! :hug:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

They're still trying to figure out who poisoned ours here in Maryland, on the Eastern Shore.  13 of them.  Fucking America-haters.  Hope Fish & Wildlife hits whoever did it with the fucking tactical team.

lustindarkness

OK, The Boss has corrected me, it pays most of it. I pay for the transitions and anti scratch.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom