News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2016, 11:58:58 AM
I just learnt that the CIA sent Swedish Ks to Tibetan guerillas in the 60s for use against the ChiComs. Cool.

Chinese Super Patriots will soon be burning down locally owned fast food restaurants and knock off Apple stores.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2016, 08:17:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2016, 09:18:18 PM
Hey, you can't date if you don't have a job.

False

Gays don't count.  You people will fuck for expired coupons. 

garbon

QuoteKate McKinnon, Tracee Ellis Ross, Samantha Bee and More Sound Off on Why Men Aren't Funny

For years, men like Jerry Seinfeld, David Letterman and Jon Stewart have toiled away on the comedy circuit, just to crash against a glass ceiling, struggling to make the same money or gain the same notoriety as their female counterparts. So few movies, sitcoms or late-night shows feature men in a leading role that journalists have finally begun asking, "How can this still be happening?"

PEOPLE gathered a group of Emmy nominees who agreed to discuss the ugly truth behind Hollywood's institutional sexism: Men just aren't funny.

As black-ish star Tracee Ellis Ross says, "When I think of stories about men, I think ... kitchen."

So men can't be funny? According to Allison Janney, the star of CBS' Mom: "Personally, I haven't seen it."

"It doesn't feel possible to me," says Samantha Bee, former Stewart colleague, now hosting TBS' Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. "And their voices are so shrill. Like their voices are weird to my ears that when I hear a man say a joke, it feels grating."

http://www.people.com/article/tracee-ellis-ross-samantha-bee-kate-mcKinnon-why-men-arent-funny?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I think you are funny garbon :console:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2016, 07:09:17 AM

My employee today said something about her being funny. I told her she was funny looking. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2016, 07:11:23 AM

My employee today said something about her being funny. I told her she was funny looking. :weep:

:weep: Keep trying I know you can do it!

MadImmortalMan

Nevada tourism. No mention of gaming, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDen_dzOZlU

I hope he fixed the radio.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2016, 07:11:23 AM

My employee today said something about her being funny. I told her she was funny looking. :weep:h

I used to tell my sisters that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I wonder if some day people will look back at the current beard craze like mullets and bell bottoms.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2016, 06:37:10 PM
I wonder if some day people will look back at the current beard craze like mullets and bell bottoms.

God I hope so. They are horrible. Nobody was out there demanding Civil War Generals come back into style.

Grey Fox

I think it is inevitable & I have a lumberjack beard.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

You sleep all night and you work all day

Josquius

I just saw a guy who I assume was an American tourist.  Middle aged, fat, with a hefty moustache.
He was wearing a t shirt with a picture of a cartoon witch on it and the text "Salem - massachusesttes - a wicked good time".
Where he is from I guess.
Though it made me think.
The witch trials were a pretty nasty part of history. Ignorant proto yanks decided to murder a few women because they wanted to wipe out witchcraft in the world. They couldn't abide it in their town.
Yet because of their action their town is forever famous for witchcraft.
Quite a delicious irony really.

Yes.
But at least it gives the 10s an image. Unlike the noughties and 90s
██████
██████
██████