News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I read that first as the Balkan Blood Festival. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on April 11, 2024, 02:09:18 AMThis weekend there's a "Balkan Food Festival" at Karlsplatz, with food from Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Greece, Montenegro, Romania, and Turkey. The first 500 adults each day get free slivovits. There will be cheap beer and wine spritzers.

What could possibly go wrong. :ph34r:

I can't help but notice two notably Serbia-loving countries are missing.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I fortunately got over my temporary Cobi hobby, but I admit their new Tiger (70cm long) is :mmm:

https://cobi.eu/product/panzerkampfwagen-vi-tiger-131---executive-edition,13683

(except for the price :P )

Especially love the interior details in turret, engine, etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on April 11, 2024, 02:09:18 AMThis weekend there's a "Balkan Food Festival" at Karlsplatz, with food from Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Greece, Montenegro, Romania, and Turkey. The first 500 adults each day get free slivovits. There will be cheap beer and wine spritzers.

:lol:

Go and get some cevapi :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I can do that any day of the week. Plenty cevap places in Vienna, weirdly enough. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Hopefully lots of Balkan technopop for you.  :P

crazy canuck

When disputes over where the stalls should be located start, run.

Josquius

Good spot from aldiYou cannot see attachments on this board.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

:D

History could be exported.

Tamas

Ah, Marks and Spencer, where lack of selection meets the embrace of middling quality and non-competitive prices.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2024, 05:03:39 AMAh, Marks and Spencer, where lack of selection meets the embrace of middling quality and non-competitive prices.
:lol: I have been told by women - in their 30s - that they've recovered from the nadir and are pretty solid for basics. Although they said it's still got the same issue as any other fast fashion brand - which I'm not sure about because M&S don't feel fast.

Although I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm a Uniqlo loyalist.

Edit: I always find their food incredibly disappointing given the price.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I like uniqlo. Not available in the north alas.

This story made me smile.
North Korean state tv pirates British gardening program but censors the presenters trousers

BBC News - North Korea TV censors Alan Titchmarsh's trousers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68664644
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Why did I initially picture a Medieval Times-esque location with a Roman theme instead of Medieval? Like, gladiator fights instead of jousting, beer Vestal Virgins rather than tavern wenches, etc. That... actually sounds pretty awesome. 😅
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

HVC

Stinky fish sauce and dormice for everyone!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Anyone ever encountered Maya the bee before?
I've never heard of it. Seems big in some countries.
The boy has become a fan.
I checked the Wikipedia page.
On ramp to nazism?
██████
██████
██████