News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 08, 2024, 07:06:56 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 08, 2024, 04:19:56 PMChecking up apparently the moon was quite far from the earth this time around and one the US got back in 2017 was much more impressive.

The 2017 one was much more impressive for me. This one was a JOKE

Moon WFH

Syt

Well ... this is a choice ad people made. :mellow:

Bonus points for none of their tourism bureaus being in the American South. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

And most "trashy horror movie you'd definitely watch" headline goes to ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cicadas-zombies-hyper-sexual-sexually-transmitted-fungus-expected-to-emerge-this-year-massospora-cicadina/

QuoteHyper-sexual "zombie cicadas" that are infected with sexually transmitted fungus expected to emerge this year

Trillions of cicadas will emerge across several U.S. states this spring in an event one expert dubbed "cicada-geddon." Not only are more cicadas than usual expected this year, but some of them will be "zombie cicadas" that are infected by a sexually transmitted fungus that makes them hyper-sexual.

Periodical cicadas spend most of their lives underground and only emerge after 13 or 17 years. This year, two broods of cicadas will emerge: Brood XIX, which comes out every 13 years, will emerge in the Georgia and Southeast, and Brood XIII, which emerges every 17 years, will appear in Illinois.

With this convergence, the bugs will arrive in numbers that have not been seen in generations.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on April 08, 2024, 09:59:12 PMSo this is what Mario sounds like

:lol:
It is indeed.
Usually with other languages foreign accents will come across different but this absolutely is Japanese with the same Italian accent we know from English.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2024, 01:36:58 AMAnd most "trashy horror movie you'd definitely watch" headline goes to ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cicadas-zombies-hyper-sexual-sexually-transmitted-fungus-expected-to-emerge-this-year-massospora-cicadina/

QuoteHyper-sexual "zombie cicadas" that are infected with sexually transmitted fungus expected to emerge this year

Trillions of cicadas will emerge across several U.S. states this spring in an event one expert dubbed "cicada-geddon." Not only are more cicadas than usual expected this year, but some of them will be "zombie cicadas" that are infected by a sexually transmitted fungus that makes them hyper-sexual.

Periodical cicadas spend most of their lives underground and only emerge after 13 or 17 years. This year, two broods of cicadas will emerge: Brood XIX, which comes out every 13 years, will emerge in the Georgia and Southeast, and Brood XIII, which emerges every 17 years, will appear in Illinois.

With this convergence, the bugs will arrive in numbers that have not been seen in generations.

This will generate at least one low-budget horror film, and possibly more :cheers:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2024, 01:05:38 AMWell ... this is a choice ad people made. :mellow:

Bonus points for none of their tourism bureaus being in the American South. :P

Now we know where Harry Turtledove got his inspiration...

Syt

The British Empire, collapsing since at least 1900.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Fadist? :lol:
And aye, just a question of timing with two events going on at a similar time but funny to see the Boer and the Chinese person (with a archaic characature like this the term Chinaman seems somehow right) standing together
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on April 10, 2024, 01:06:32 AMThe British Empire, collapsing since at least 1900.
:lol:

And the original meaning of "Little Englander" - anti-war Liberals who were broadly dubious about imperial grandeur and entanglements, especially the Boer War.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Yesterday I was picking up some tenderloin at the supermarket and had the genius idea to get some Katsu sauce.  Alas my place has a billion Asian sauces but no Katsu sauce.  I did however spot a brand of Chinese sauces called Hop Sing.  You might have to be a certain age to understand why that's funny.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Hoss want some fly chicken.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

This weekend there's a "Balkan Food Festival" at Karlsplatz, with food from Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Greece, Montenegro, Romania, and Turkey. The first 500 adults each day get free slivovits. There will be cheap beer and wine spritzers.

What could possibly go wrong. :ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould