News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I've been enjoying Stam Fine's reviews of old movies and TV shows on Youtube recently. I recommend not watching it if you dislike dad jokes or puns delivered in a dry/flat way, but I like that he generally doesn't seem to aim for negativity and will speak fairly fondly of shows even though they may not be great. :P

Though his new review of Twister actually made me stop the video and groan:

QuoteBill, who himself bears a remarkable resemblance to Bill Paxon but crucially not Bill Pullman ... oh man, don't
start that: Paxton was in Twister, Pullman was in Independence Day of the same year. I mention this mainly for my own records, but 1996 was the year of the box office double Bill.

:bleeding: :lol: :bleeding: :lol:

https://youtu.be/cxCI7IMhCCE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

For the second time in my life, I'm an earthquake survivor.  :showoff:

Grey Fox

Do under 5s really count?

Glad you survived, DG.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Yeah - I was on a call with someone in New York just after it happened. All fine but I think first one they'd experienced.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2024, 09:56:27 AMFor the second time in my life, I'm an earthquake survivor.  :showoff:

Glad to hear the resulting flight delays did not undo you.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2024, 09:56:27 AMFor the second time in my life, I'm an earthquake survivor.  :showoff:

Californians should have a parade for your bravery :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

Quote from: HVC on April 05, 2024, 12:23:43 PM

Californians should have a parade for your bravery :P
Earthquake?  What earthquake?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'm upset I missed it, being in Bahstin today. :(

Josquius

Today is draw a bird day
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Just saw that Wrestlemania 40 was last weekend. Considering the first one I watched was IX (what a way to start :bleeding: ), another sign I'm getting up there in years. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

I see the Saudis are scaling back Neom - initial plans from a 170km line city in the sand, to 2.4km.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

So reading up a bit on what's going on in WWE. Apparently, they had an Austrian, "Günther" (aka Walter Hahn from Vienna) who set a record for longest Intercontinental title reign (previously held by Honkytonk Man) at 666 days, losing it yesterday at Wrestlemania. Weird, normally Austrian media will report on Austrians being successful abroad :P

I think he might be portraying a bad guy. :unsure: :hmm:

Also, apparently Logan Paul is now a champion in WWE? Yes, that's Logan Paul the ex-YouTuber who had the infamous "suicide forest" video: https://www.businessinsider.com/logan-paul-suicide-forest-japan-backlash-blessing-2022-3
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I thought he was boxing these days. Would have thought WWE beneath him.
Logan Paul that is

This guy. Holy nazi vibes. I do like the super basic trunks outfit. Is that the way now? Can't imagine full costumes being too cool.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Josquius on April 08, 2024, 12:04:43 PMI thought he was boxing these days. Would have thought WWE beneath him.
Logan Paul that is

This guy. Holy nazi vibes. I do like the super basic trunks outfit. Is that the way now? Can't imagine full costumes being too cool.

He even gets badly translated German entrance music :P

And his entrance to the ring:

I'm glad wrestling is still silly. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

He lost to Sami Zayn, from my hometown.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.