News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I spoke to a woman today who a few years ago emigrated from the US to France to escape America's disorder.
You know you're disordered when people see France as somewhere to escape to.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on March 12, 2024, 10:12:10 AMI spoke to a woman today who a few years ago emigrated from the US to France to escape America's disorder.

I don't think we have to think much on what individual crazy people do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2024, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: Josquius on March 12, 2024, 10:12:10 AMI spoke to a woman today who a few years ago emigrated from the US to France to escape America's disorder.

I don't think we have to think much on what individual crazy people do.

:secret: didn't you escape the US too?

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Looking at apartment listings, I've now learned there's a "Nauseagasse" in Vienna. Named after:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederic_Nausea

:x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I don't think they get the love of thick.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

What does NAVAL SUPREMACY smell like, anyways? :ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

I guess spelling isn't their strong suit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 02:39:40 AMWhat does NAVAL SUPREMACY smell like, anyways? :ph34r:

Rum, sodomy and newly lashed backs?

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 02:39:40 AMWhat does NAVAL SUPREMACY smell like, anyways? :ph34r:

Victory!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Another big eruption started last evening.

The road into Grindavík was cut off but the lava was diverted away from the town itself by the massive berms surrounding it. You can't directly stop lava but with clever utilization of the high points in the landscape you can nudge it away from critical infrastructure and buy time for the eruption to run out of steam.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Have you ever considered the possibility that your ancestors picked an uninhabitable piece of land?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 02:17:54 AM:pirate
We want eight and we won't wait! :w00t:

Just back from Taiwan which was fantastic. Also very glad to have a day in Hong Kong - which I will need more time in. I watched a lot of Cantonese cinema when I was younger so just found myself walking around in a bit of a daze that it's all real :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Seamen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2024, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 02:17:54 AM:pirate
We want eight and we won't wait! :w00t:

Just back from Taiwan which was fantastic. Also very glad to have a day in Hong Kong - which I will need more time in. I watched a lot of Cantonese cinema when I was younger so just found myself walking around in a bit of a daze that it's all real :lol:

Random dudes being kicked out of windows chased by cleaver wielding chefs? :w00t:
██████
██████
██████