News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Well done, St Kitts Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis.  I assume his government's titles are handed out by a Department of Redundancy Department.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

I don't get the 2020 Sequel though. They lost...

celedhring

All the paraphernalia refers to the 2020 election. Either is an old pic and or the owner just can't move on.

Iormlund

Wonder how many yards to the gallon that thing does.

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on November 19, 2022, 12:34:28 PMAll the paraphernalia refers to the 2020 election. Either is an old pic and or the owner just can't move on.

It's a pic from 2020 on reddit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Is there some hidden meaning to the black, blue and white Stars and Stripes?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Yeah, support for cops is an area which can go off the rails quickly.

Admiral Yi

I will add a third expression to my list of linguistic fights my side has lost.  I heard an interviewee use "yeah, no" on NPR.  The other two are spot on and I mean....

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2022, 05:30:06 PMI will add a third expression to my list of linguistic fights my side has lost.  I heard an interviewee use "yeah, no" on NPR.  The other two are spot on and I mean....
:lol: Use all three :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Language failings are not moral failings. :)

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2022, 05:30:06 PMI will add a third expression to my list of linguistic fights my side has lost.  I heard an interviewee use "yeah, no" on NPR.  The other two are spot on and I mean....

Now use "no, yeah" to really confuse people :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.