News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Do yuro supermercados have cold cut/deli sections?  Honest question.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2022, 04:42:10 PMDo yuro supermercados have cold cut/deli sections?  Honest question.

The smallest ones don't (they'll just have a fridge with prepackaged stuff), but generally yes.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2022, 02:10:33 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2022, 04:42:10 PMDo yuro supermercados have cold cut/deli sections?  Honest question.

The smallest ones don't (they'll just have a fridge with prepackaged stuff), but generally yes.

Budget ones don't have that section either. A huge Lidl opened recently near my home and they don't have your usual manned butcher/deli counter. They don't have a manned fish section either, which is also typical in Spanish supermarkets. They do have a manned bakery, though.

Jacob

One of the killers of Daphne Caruana Galizia (the Maltese journalist) has confessed. Apparently it was a plain murder for money job for him. George Degiorgio has also apparently said that he soon will reveal who else was involved... which to me sounds like an invitation to be assassinated, but what do I know.

Jacob

Turkey continuing to crack down on the LGBT+ agenda. Apparently there was a massive police presence, tear gas used, and at least 36 arrested to stop the Pride celebration in Ankara.

Sheilbh

Impressed the Telegraph found the most Telegraph angle on the cost of living/inflation crisis :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I refuse to comment on you of all people posting this particular story. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

The Guardian reveals... the gargantuan efforts required internationally to get past medieval taxi guilds: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/jul/10/what-are-the-uber-files-guide

HVC

I don't think you read the article like the author intended lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2022, 07:16:08 AMImpressed the Telegraph found the most Telegraph angle on the cost of living/inflation crisis :lol:

Does this mean you are going to have to lay off your butler Sheilbh?  :(

The high cost of castle ownership is a tragic yoke around the necks of the upper classes, I don't know when the government is finally going to do something about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Incredible story:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/fake-ipl-in-gujarat-village-dupes-russian-punters/articleshow/92789976.cms

Basically a village in Gujarat set up a fake "Indian Premier Cricket League" with farmers and labourers playing. They streamed it on YouTube looking like it's a real thing (and got a legit commentator) and made money out of Russian sports betters looking for anything to gamble on.

Technically it's a scam and they've been shut down by the police, but I'm adding this to my general rule that no one should be punished for a crime that could be legitimately called a caper.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Their telephone scams are evolving.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2022, 10:15:41 AMIncredible story:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/fake-ipl-in-gujarat-village-dupes-russian-punters/articleshow/92789976.cms

Basically a village in Gujarat set up a fake "Indian Premier Cricket League" with farmers and labourers playing. They streamed it on YouTube looking like it's a real thing (and got a legit commentator) and made money out of Russian sports betters looking for anything to gamble on.

Technically it's a scam and they've been shut down by the police, but I'm adding this to my general rule that no one should be punished for a crime that could be legitimately called a caper.

Yes! I would make the rule that if you can make a "Waking Ned"-type movie out of it, then it's not a crime  :P

Sheilbh

Exactly! And I can't wait for that Bollywood film.

Crime + whimsy = not guilty.
Let's bomb Russia!