And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Every sperm is sacred, remember?

Razgovory

I found 50 tambala clearing out my dad's old stuff.  That's .00049 dollars worth. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

A lot gets made of privacy and how scary it is when Google gets its suggestions spot on.

Personally I love it when they get things totally wrong.

Like they seem to have decided I'm a huge Elton John fan and really keen to see his upcoming live show nearby-doubtless because its in my teams stadium and I did Google some bits about John a few months back when I saw rocket man-not being a fan it was all new to me.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

There was a time the Spotify ad engine decided I was a Brit. I was getting ads about Brexit, voting from abriad, immigration into Spain...  :bowler:

barkdreg

Every few months the algorithm decides I am a big fan of UK, Irish and Australian football.
I've never watched a match  :yuk:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Always wonder what it's like for people who become memes, so great Guardian article about this guy:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/19/the-worst-person-you-know-the-man-who-unwittingly-became-a-meme

Also I feel like every story about accidental faces of memes have been from Spain? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

This man I don't recognise.
Though hide the pain Harold did a cool Ted talk.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

How dare you forget Hide the Pain Harold?!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on June 19, 2022, 04:46:53 PMThis man I don't recognise.
Though hide the pain Harold did a cool Ted talk.
From Clickhole 4 years ago and forever:
https://clickhole.com/heartbreaking-the-worst-person-you-know-just-made-a-gr-1825121606/
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Loved this piece. Something interesting about all the really quite older stars still touring - Elton on his "Farewell" tour, McCartney at Glastonbury, Grace Jones packing out the South Bank.

But mainly thrilled that Grace Jones is still hula-hooping for Slave to the Rhythm at the age of 74! :blink: :o
QuoteTonight, she embodies that mythical ideal. There is a full costume change for every song, which means that she comes out in no less than ten different looks. For "Love is a Drug" she stands beneath a neon laser beam while wearing a disco ball hat. For "My Jamaican Guy" she wears a long fabric headpiece in the colours of the Jamaican flag. For "William's Blood" she dons a long dress and wide-brimmed black fur hat, like an idiosyncratic church performer. For "Slave to the Rhythm" she wears a spiky black wig and spins a hula hoop around her waist for almost the entirety of the song. It's like watching a theatre production. "Even if I forget the words, I will just make them up," she says to a mesmerised crowd, her accent landing somewhere between London, Paris and New York, with a Jamaican lilt.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Tomorrow is moving day.  I may go offline for a while.

Maladict

Jacob

Yeah, all the best Raz :hug: