News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

QuoteAdditionally, he stated in a 2016 interview with The Guardian that the person he admired most was Vladimir Putin "Because he is so comfortably who he is."[69]
Charming.  I never knew what a piece of work he was, I thought he was just an alcoholic and a drug addict.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 13, 2022, 03:32:52 AM
QuoteAdditionally, he stated in a 2016 interview with The Guardian that the person he admired most was Vladimir Putin "Because he is so comfortably who he is."[69]
Charming.  I never knew what a piece of work he was, I thought he was just an alcoholic and a drug addict.

Uh, Who?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

He's a dictator who's managed to convince his subjects they live in a democracy. That is ... something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on February 13, 2022, 05:24:50 AM

Uh, Who?

Kelsey Grammer
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

His error is 'thinking' West coast rehab jargon should be applied to all and everything. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I'm missing the part where you add alcohol.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Iormlund on February 11, 2022, 03:51:02 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 11, 2022, 03:22:31 PM
Mechatronics sounds awesome, like out of some sci-fi movie or anime.

It does sound awesome. And it's great fun if you're a nerd. Basically playing with robots and shit. Doesn't pay as well as what I do now, though.

Mmm, so it has to do mostly with Robotics? I always assumed it was some kind of mix between Mechanics and Electronics, but didn't imagine it'd also have Robotics throwin in the mix.

I know a guy who works in the Mechatronics department at ESA, so from now on I'll assume he works in space mechas.  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

That was a good superbowl
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2022, 10:36:44 PM

QuoteCan't stop thinking about how the owner of the Rams worth $12.5 billion was able to receive a $100 million tax break to build a $5 billion stadium named after a student loan company while 45 million Americans owe $1.8 trillion in student debt and 600,000 are homeless. #SuperBowl

:P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I used to quite like a bit of hippity hop so I decided to check the super bowl halftime show....
Wtf is this shit?
Sub 15 minutes and they've got a set and a billion dancers way outside the budget of most full time tours. I hope they are planning to use this for a tour and its not just a one off thing to be burned.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Everybody talking about that owl, but the only one I saw last evening was a pretty normal bird, certainly not superb.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on February 14, 2022, 04:29:27 AM
I used to quite like a bit of hippity hop so I decided to check the super bowl halftime show....
Wtf is this shit?
Sub 15 minutes and they've got a set and a billion dancers way outside the budget of most full time tours. I hope they are planning to use this for a tour and its not just a one off thing to be burned.

Have you never watched the Half time show?

This one was pretty toned down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2022, 10:36:44 PM

Q:  What do you call a Detroit Lion with a Superbowl ring?
A:  A thief

;)

Congratulations to Matt Stafford; a lot of sports writers in the Detroit papers had to eat some crow this year.  As it turns out he wasn't really the one holding the Lions back.

It's too bad Derspiess doesn't post here much any more; I would have liked to have heard his take on this season for the Bengals.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

██████
██████
██████