News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saladin

Mostly scenic but not that fond of the backroads.
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

The Larch

Quote from: Saladin on September 03, 2020, 09:01:33 AM
Mostly scenic but not that fond of the backroads.

What are you most interested on? Nature? Culture? The American Experience (tm)?

derspiess

85 is a straight shot, but you gotta drive thru Atlanta :P

I would suggest this route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/richmond/new+orleans/@35.3315209,-83.279588,8.25z/am=t/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x89b111095799c9ed:0xbfd83e6de2423cc5!2m2!1d-77.4360481!2d37.5407246!3m4!1m2!1d-82.5002197!2d35.5631686!3s0x8859f3b9b41349dd:0x8d6aebee86f53e39!1m5!1m1!1s0x8620a454b2118265:0xdb065be85e22d3b4!2m2!1d-90.0715323!2d29.9510658!3e0

Takes you through Asheville, which is a really cool town and right by the Smoky Mountains if you wanted to take a small detour for some outdoorsy stuff.

And it still goes through Atlanta but that's almost unavoidable.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

If I had, say, one week to do that route, I'd maybe go New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains NP - Charlotte (if going through North Carolina) or Shenandoah NP (if going through the western part of Virginia) - Richmond.

I'd also try to eat as much barbecue as humanly possible.  :ph34r:

Edit: I'd also try to do the Homer Simpson culinary tour of New Orleans.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hWRKjeBrc

Valmy

Man it is weird seeing computer generated HD Simpsons :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 09:19:24 AM
If I had, say, one week to do that route, I'd maybe go New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains NP - Charlotte (if going through North Carolina) or Shenandoah NP (if going through the western part of Virginia) - Richmond.

I second that.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Larch

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 03, 2020, 10:15:11 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 09:19:24 AM

I second that.

The route or the eating?  :lol:

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Keep in mind our hospital costs if you try all those foods in one trip.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 07:02:26 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 03, 2020, 07:00:33 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 04:51:16 AM
That road trip sounds like really great fun, but foreigners driving around the South...
:glare:

One of my neighbors is Indian, and the guy who lives behind me is an imam from Syria.  Maybe qualify that with the 'rural South'. :sleep:

Since when do you live in the South?
He's definitely in the South. The southern half of the Ohio valley states are in the South.

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 07:02:26 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 03, 2020, 07:00:33 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 04:51:16 AM
That road trip sounds like really great fun, but foreigners driving around the South...
:glare:

One of my neighbors is Indian, and the guy who lives behind me is an imam from Syria.  Maybe qualify that with the 'rural South'. :sleep:

Since when do you live in the South?
I guess I would say since people started mocking me for living here? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

We mock you for living in Kentucky not for living the South.

derspiess

Quote from: Maximus on September 03, 2020, 11:17:30 AM
He's definitely in the South. The southern half of the Ohio valley states are in the South.

Which states are those?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

LinkedIn notice:

QuoteWe're continuously making changes to our platform to provide you with a better experience. In an effort to improve our mapping data, over the next month we'll be updating the location displayed on your profile based on the information you've already provided us — either when you set up your account or last edited your location.

Your current location is displayed as London, United Kingdom and will be automatically updated to London, England Metropolitan Area on October 12, 2020.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.