News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I'm not sure how to pull off the costume, but I want to be diabetes for Halloween.

I look forward to angry parents when I tell trick or treaters, "don't worry if you don't get my costume. Just eat your Halloween candy and you will soon enough."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2019, 12:22:25 PM
If you guys hate Halloween then the girls where you live are not dressing slutty enough.

Cute kids and candy early on, girls in slutty outfits and booze later.

The second bit just isn't a thing outside of the US.
Its all about kids dressed as monsters and tacky decorations
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2019, 02:23:47 PM
Its all about kids dressed as monsters and tacky decorations

Isn't it great? But surely horror movies and ghost stories and all that fits in there someplace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Quote from: alfred russel on October 31, 2019, 02:07:17 PM
I'm not sure how to pull off the costume, but I want to be diabetes for Halloween.

I look forward to angry parents when I tell trick or treaters, "don't worry if you don't get my costume. Just eat your Halloween candy and you will soon enough."

Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2019, 07:30:58 AM
Happy Halloween to a forum that is ever-dying!

Bah, humbug.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hamilcar

Admiral Yi

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Heading off to karaoke with all the college kids in bunny outfits.  Happy Halloween y'all.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2019, 12:20:20 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 31, 2019, 10:57:36 AM
I hate Halloween and it annoys me when Europeans celebrate this American import.
:yes:

Especially since its supplanting the far superior guy fawkes <_<

The study book for the Life in the UK test found it important to emphasise that Halloween is NOT an American tradition but something deeply seated in ancient (British) pagan traditions. :D

Josquius

It is.
But not in this costumed tacky massed party way.
I worry its only a matter of time before we follow the Americans the whole way into the costumes not even needing to be themed.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Uh, I just see a black rectangular box with white text reading, "Los Angeles November, 2019".  Is that supposed to have some particular meaning, or is there supposed to be something else in that post that's not showing up?

Syt

Quote from: dps on November 01, 2019, 03:30:35 AM
Uh, I just see a black rectangular box with white text reading, "Los Angeles November, 2019".  Is that supposed to have some particular meaning, or is there supposed to be something else in that post that's not showing up?

—Stephen Jay Gould