News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I've never denied being an asshole :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on April 10, 2019, 11:35:19 AM
Lovely old-school fellow, since fired from his post in the British government (some fake job concerning housing):

What the hell is up with Europeans and their pathological paranoia about Jews? I mean they killed virtually all of them and forced most of the rest to immigrate and yet they STILL are sure a secret Jew conspiracy is fucking with them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Frozen pizza manufacturer is rebranding its "American" pizzas:

I'm sorry, Valmy. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Pepperoni pizza never made me think of Texas. Or Budapest, for that matter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Over here Texan pizza is ground beef, onion and bacon.

We need Valmy to rule on this.

Syt

We also had Western, but they renamed it Mexico City:

I think the Budapest connection for the pepperoni pizza is spicy salami. Hungarian spicy salami is a thing here, in general.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

And apparently BBQ chicken is now Sydney, and Supreme (salami, ham, mushrooms) is now London.  :huh:
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on April 11, 2019, 05:34:43 AM
Frozen pizza manufacturer is rebranding its "American" pizzas:

I'm sorry, Valmy. :P
:x I think you should be apologizing to Tamas.

Tamas

In general, the ingredients would justify the name, but even the PR photo of that pizza looks lame. I don't want to imagine what's really in the box.

Syt

The pizza is surprisingly ok for frozen pizza, though not pre-cut as shown on the image.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Beans and corn have no place on pizza.  At least they don't have one with pineapple.

Or do they? 

"Hawaiian is now #STOCKHOLM"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Pineapple on pizza is good.  :mad:

There's Amsterdam, which has Gouda cheese. And Tokyo which is your standard tuna & onion pizza.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2019, 08:03:56 AM
In general, the ingredients would justify the name, but even the PR photo of that pizza looks lame. I don't want to imagine what's really in the box.

Spiders.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2019, 12:54:14 PM

What the hell is up with Europeans and their pathological paranoia about Jews? I mean they killed virtually all of them and forced most of the rest to immigrate and yet they STILL are sure a secret Jew conspiracy is fucking with them.

I have never understood antisemitism.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017