Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2019, 07:19:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2019, 06:08:25 PM
:punk:

Is Bibi really that popular with the MAGA/militia crowd?

Well the whole nu-fascist movement globally uses the same PR tropes, feeding off each other's narratives, so of course they like each other. The whole "we agree so much on keeping each other at arm's length, lets be friends!" thing is really beautiful.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2019, 10:52:11 PM
To me it seems like a form of self-ownage to openly admit to such feelings.  You're kind of immediately conceding that your social status is lower than that of the people being pissed off.  It's usually the have-nots who are desperate to see the haves suffer setbacks rather than the other way around.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

He's right, spite is almost always a sign of envy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

I look forward to the GOP suffering a massive electoral defeat in 2020 so that maybe their electorate will realize Trollpolitik doesn't work.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

:rolleyes:

You guys realize the "he pisses off the right people" thing is an ongoing joke between Raz and me, right?  Do you really think I support Bibi just for the sake of 'owning the libs'?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

At this point, you might want to question what it is about your posts that could make us believe that you might actually think that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2019, 09:23:23 AM

You guys realize the "he pisses off the right people" thing is an ongoing joke between Raz and me, right?  Do you really think I support Bibi just for the sake of 'owning the libs'?

Just to clarify, are you saying that you actually support Bibi?

Tamas

Lovely old-school fellow, since fired from his post in the British government (some fake job concerning housing):

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on April 10, 2019, 11:18:59 AM

Maybe he doesn't make a distinction between supporting Israel and its leader.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 10, 2019, 11:43:38 AM

Maybe he doesn't make a distinction between supporting Israel and its leader.  :hmm:

Well, there can be a very easy and strong distinction to be made. I think he is very unhealthy for Israel and I'd like to see him go to prison for his corruption schenangians, but in the meantime I detest those who are blanket anti-Israel, and I am quite alright even with things like Israel forcing the admittance of fate accompli with their settlers etc.

mongers

How do I work out the carbon footprint of the onions I buy:

Country of Origin:

Grown in Argentina, Chile, Egypt, France, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, Netherlands

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: dps on April 10, 2019, 11:18:59 AM

That's not what I was trying to say, but yes I've always liked Bibi.  I'm not a rabid supporter, and the corruption allegations are troubling, and it wouldn't have been the end of the world had he lost.  But yeah, overall he's okay in my book.

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on April 10, 2019, 09:40:33 AM
At this point, you might want to question what it is about your posts that could make us believe that you might actually think that.

Thank you.  I will take this and reflect upon it.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa