News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on January 02, 2019, 01:33:24 PM
For those people who luckily sit firmly in the fringe of Spanish politics, the current laws against domestic violence are basically tantamount to feminazism, and the bare mention of the issue makes them foam and sputter, showing their true colours. In this sense it makes for a pretty good lithmus test.

And that's why you love them?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2019, 01:48:15 PM
For those people who luckily sit firmly in the fringe of Spanish politics, the current laws against domestic violence are basically tantamount to feminazism, and the bare mention of the issue makes them foam and sputter, showing their true colours. In this sense it makes for a pretty good lithmus test.

Not quite.

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on January 02, 2019, 01:50:36 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2019, 01:48:15 PM

Not quite.

:(

celedhring

They are a ridiculous party that sadly is beginning to get non-ridiculous results.

The leader is a downright clown.

Their campaign ad was him riding a horse with the LOTR soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqzP7PvabU4

The Brain

Which one is the leader?

Maximus

I can see the problem-- he has a shirt on.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2019, 01:55:44 PM
They are a ridiculous party that sadly is beginning to get non-ridiculous results.

The leader is a downright clown.

Their campaign ad was him riding a horse with the LOTR soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqzP7PvabU4

I must admit that I'm still slightly dumbfounded about how they managed to go from laughable stunts and meme fodder to a "real" political option with such an impact. I always thought that they were too extreme, too ridiculous, and then the Andalusian elections come and here's my face after that: :wacko:

alfred russel

Lots of election outcomes are becoming like those.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Maximus

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 02, 2019, 03:28:37 PM
The AI cheats. Even when it's not in a game.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/12/31/this-clever-ai-hid-data-from-its-creators-to-cheat-at-its-appointed-task/
It's not cheating. It was trained to do the wrong thing. It's an interesting result, but not particularly surprising.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2019, 12:09:07 PM

They want the regional government to defund programs to prevent domestic violence and disband the government bodies created to coordinate them. 

It is a really odd demand, but they seem obsessed with the issue. They'd be more likely to get the other parties to agree (sadly, I'd add) if they pressed on immigration.

Do they really want to advertise the fact they are incels?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on January 02, 2019, 06:19:06 PM

https://techcrunch.com/2018/12/31/this-clever-ai-hid-data-from-its-creators-to-cheat-at-its-appointed-task/
It's not cheating. It was trained to do the wrong thing. It's an interesting result, but not particularly surprising.
I don't even think it's that interesting of a result, it should be pretty basic knowledge to practitioners that precisely this sort of thing can happen with "bottlenecks" in the architecture, even if you don't know to call it a "high frequency hidden signal".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2019, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2019, 12:09:07 PM

They want the regional government to defund programs to prevent domestic violence and disband the government bodies created to coordinate them. 

It is a really odd demand, but they seem obsessed with the issue. They'd be more likely to get the other parties to agree (sadly, I'd add) if they pressed on immigration.

Do they really want to advertise the fact they are incels?

Incels have little opportunity to commit domestic violence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2019, 08:09:33 PM
Quote from: Maximus on January 02, 2019, 06:19:06 PM

I don't even think it's that interesting of a result, it should be pretty basic knowledge to practitioners that precisely this sort of thing can happen with "bottlenecks" in the architecture, even if you don't know to call it a "high frequency hidden signal".
It's interesting because it may show a fundamental limitation/advantage of purely numeric systems such as neural nets.