And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2018, 04:10:14 PM
Anyone have a fit bit?
I'm kind of tempted. But the lack of integration with s health is annoying.

I do. I think a full featured smart watch with fitness functions is probably a better buy.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2018, 04:23:21 PM
Smart watch? Ugh.

If you're wearing a fitbit, it's not much difference IMO.

Josquius

I was looking more at the mid range ones which are smart watches, albeit not as fancy as the expensive ones, I don't see too much use for those.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I got a fitbit for free through work (the basic model). Used it for a grand total of a week before deciding it was rather useless. Maybe fully featured watches are better.

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
I was looking more at the mid range ones which are smart watches, albeit not as fancy as the expensive ones, I don't see too much use for those.

Using the Vivoactive 3, very pleased with it. It's fairly small for a sports watch and can pass for a regular watch when selecting a standard clock face.

And all course you get all the metrics you (n)ever need, GPS, ANT+ etc.

Iormlund

I liked mine, but stopped wearing it when I got my last job (lots of moving machinery).

Razgovory

I think my cat may be on her last legs.  She's 15 and has become incontent.  She howls through the night in pain and her vomit may contain blood.  She's taking pills, for a bladder infection but they don't appear to be doing much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

IHOP changed it's name to International House of Burgers. :mellow:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Aha!
A friend on facebook shared burger king having changed their profile picture to pancake king.
It makes sense now.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

So Matteo Bocchi, the Italian kid from Parma who taught himself to pitch by watching breakdowns on the internet, threw five masterful innings in helping Texas advance to the College World Series on Monday. I was there getting extremely sunburned :P

Been a great sports week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Only thing sillier than baseball is cricket

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 13, 2018, 10:34:32 AM
Only thing sillier than baseball is cricket

All sports are silly. The point, and the joy, is the competition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2018, 10:31:34 AM
So Matteo Bocchi, the Italian kid from Parma who taught himself to pitch by watching breakdowns on the internet, threw five masterful innings in helping Texas advance to the College World Series on Monday. I was there getting extremely sunburned :P

That is pretty awesome.  I love stories like that.  I have dreams of my kid becoming the first "Argentine" pitcher to get to the MLB level :P

I've been watching more college baseball this year than I ever have.  I had been attending my friends' kids' high school games recently, so college ball is suddenly a lot more relevant to me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall