The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 13, 2018, 09:58:05 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2018, 09:48:23 PM
I won't pay a cent for any painting.

How much will your wife pay?

Not sure, but probably not much higher than me.  We don't have any paintings at home. 

Eddie Teach

Do you own any decorations?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 13, 2018, 10:09:46 PM
Do you own any decorations?

Hmm, I probably do.  Mostly gifts that I neglected to throw away, or left overs from my childhood years.  I generally don't buy decorations and I don't display them. 

Ed Anger

I have one of those oil paintings of a lighthouse on a rocky coast and the storms beats on the rocks.

Fucker depresses me. That's what I get for buying from one of those starving artist sales.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

So apparently the United States obliterated a Russian mercenary battalion in eastern Syria.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/13/russian-mercenaries-killed-us-airstrikes-syria

QuoteBloomberg News quoted Russian sources as saying as many as 200 Russian nationals could have been killed in a clash last Wednesday and Thursday around the oil fields of Deir Ezzor region between forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad and a Kurdish-led opposition force supported by US advisers.

US Central Command said on Tuesday that US forces came under fire from a tank, and that they responded with three hours of intense strikes from drones and B-52 bombers against the attackers, which it described as a unit of 300 to 500 fighters.

Hot Damn I wonder when was the last time the US Air Force killed that many Russians
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 13, 2018, 10:28:37 PM
So apparently the United States obliterated a Russian mercenary battalion in eastern Syria.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/13/russian-mercenaries-killed-us-airstrikes-syria

QuoteBloomberg News quoted Russian sources as saying as many as 200 Russian nationals could have been killed in a clash last Wednesday and Thursday around the oil fields of Deir Ezzor region between forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad and a Kurdish-led opposition force supported by US advisers.

US Central Command said on Tuesday that US forces came under fire from a tank, and that they responded with three hours of intense strikes from drones and B-52 bombers against the attackers, which it described as a unit of 300 to 500 fighters.

Hot Damn I wonder when was the last time the US Air Force killed that many Russians

I AM AT DEF CON BONER. THIS IS CRYSTAL PALACE. BONER IS FULLY ERECT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 13, 2018, 10:28:37 PM

Probably when they accidentally led the Luftwaffe to Poltava.

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2018, 09:48:23 PM
I won't pay a cent for any painting.

You have the sophistication of a Honey Bucket.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Which English accent is it that pronounces TH as F?

Josquius

Beginning/end of word th? All of them. They're the same.
Mid word th? The south. In the north its V.

H as haich now. There you have a problem.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2018, 09:34:15 AM
Our King is dying. :( After several operations for blot clots, lung cancer and a dementia diagnosis what took him out was a vacation to Egypt.

And he's gone.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on February 14, 2018, 05:58:56 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2018, 09:34:15 AM
Our King is dying. :( After several operations for blot clots, lung cancer and a dementia diagnosis what took him out was a vacation to Egypt.

And he's gone.

RIP old dude.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

I'm already tired of the press coverage. It's not sad, he was 83 and lived all his life on vacation in castles, hardest he ever worked was tasting wine on his vineyard in France. The man had a great life.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2018, 02:58:26 AM
Which English accent is it that pronounces TH as F?

Estuary English? I remember mongers mentioning it once.

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on February 14, 2018, 06:07:02 AM
I'm already tired of the press coverage. It's not sad, he was 83 and lived all his life on vacation in castles, hardest he ever worked was tasting wine on his vineyard in France. The man had a great life.

Well he was married to Count Dracula.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.