News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 23, 2017, 01:31:00 PM
More ammo for Seedy and the motorcycle hate.  Likely both a couple of douche's, but the edge goes to the chopper (especially as he didn't stop after the mess he started).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6XR02YllI

He'll get his.

Jacob

More ammo for Seedy and the motorcycle hate.  Likely both a couple of douche's, but the edge goes to the chopper (especially as he didn't stop after the mess he started).

Nah... the edge goes to the driver. Sure the biker kicked the car (and I'd like to know what happened beforehand to trigger that), but he:

a) Didn't take any action that actively endangered someone's life. No matter how obnoxious, kicking a car does not pose a risk to someone's life.
b) Stayed in control of his vehicle throughout.

The driver of the car:

a) Took deliberate action that could've resulted in injury or death when he swerved to hit the biker.
b) Failed to control his vehicle afterwards, taking out the poor driver in the white vehicle that flipped.

Thus the driver of the car is the bigger asshole by far IMO.

Razgovory

On the other hand, the guy was driving a motorcycle...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on June 23, 2017, 02:34:14 PM

Nah... the edge goes to the driver. Sure the biker kicked the car (and I'd like to know what happened beforehand to trigger that), but he:

a) Didn't take any action that actively endangered someone's life. No matter how obnoxious, kicking a car does not pose a risk to someone's life.
b) Stayed in control of his vehicle throughout.

The driver of the car:

a) Took deliberate action that could've resulted in injury or death when he swerved to hit the biker.
b) Failed to control his vehicle afterwards, taking out the poor driver in the white vehicle that flipped.

Thus the driver of the car is the bigger asshole by far IMO.

The driver of the bike was as lucky as he was stupid.

The driver of the car was murderously stupid, and not good at it.

Both should be charged (for one, the bike rode away from the scene of an accident). However, I would definitely agree that the car driver is the worse offender. Looks like he tried to kill the bike rider and damn near killed himself and others because of it. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Looks to me like the driver of the car was so taken by surprise he lost momentary control. 
A completely unfortunate albeit understandable reaction.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2017, 02:55:08 PM
Looks to me like the driver of the car was so taken by surprise he lost momentary control. 

When I'm surprised while driving my usual reaction is not to jerk the wheel hard in the direction of the source.

Eddie Teach

Ah, reasonable doubt.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Be hard to prove otherwise.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

In an interesting coincidence some dude just rammed his car into a power pole in front of my place.  25 mph street, one car accident.  Front left of the car is pretty shredded.

DGuller

:o Last weekend on my way to the Target store I ran into an accident scene.  One of the two cars obviously didn't perceive the traffic light properly, and one of them hit the pole after the collision.  What is going on here?

Admiral Yi

Pole-tergeists.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

When I'm surprised while driving my usual reaction is not to jerk the wheel hard in the direction of the source.

Shame you're not an expert witness that can testify on behalf of buttfuck bikers then.

Admiral Yi

My theory is my guy swerved to avoid a rabbit or squirrel.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2017, 04:43:50 PM
My theory is my guy swerved to avoid a rabbit or squirrel.

Distinct possibility, as he did not have the opportunity to attempt suicide from reading your atrocious pun first.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2017, 04:47:19 PM
Distinct possibility, as he did not have the opportunity to attempt suicide from reading your atrocious pun first.

haters be hatin'.