News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Friend of mine's daughter is going through the college acceptance phase;  had been accepted to The New School, but passed on it because it doesn't have a Division 1 basketball team.  I said it was probably for the best.

Ed Anger

The last 2 days have been a bullshit sundae topped with liquid bullshit and a bullshit cherry.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Boom.  You always drive through the Roosevelt.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2017, 08:36:23 AM
Happy Easter Languish!

Christ has risen! He has risen indeed!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2017, 10:00:43 PM

Proper form tackle.  Head was on the outside.  And you could see YouDee taking out GW at the beginning of that clip.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2017, 07:48:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2017, 10:00:43 PM

Proper form tackle.  Head was on the outside.  And you could see YouDee taking out GW at the beginning of that clip.

Clearly targeting. Straight shot to the head. $20k fine and a trip to goodell's office for the Easter bunny.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Last year St. Louis had the highest murder rate in the US, 188 in a population of 315K.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2017, 04:22:44 PM
Last year St. Louis had the highest murder rate in the US, 188 in a population of 315K.

Worse than the traffic accident rate there?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I've been without broadband for two weeks now since I moved and it's not ready before may 1st. Living off my mobile internet is horrible. 50GB limit? Who can live off that. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Devolution of "Vienna's first open air rock festival." One of these line ups is not like the others.

2015 (first year):

2016:

2017:

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

It's not a bad lineup, it just doesn't make sense to sell it as "Rock". I would go to Silbermond, Großstadtgeflüster, Deichkind and Tote Hosen.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on April 18, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
It's not a bad lineup, it just doesn't make sense to sell it as "Rock". I would go to Silbermond, Großstadtgeflüster, Deichkind and Tote Hosen.

It's not the lineup is bad per se, but it marks a significant shift from the focus of previous years.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

The German language music scene is always something that has slightly amazed me. So many popular bands which I've never even heard of.

Duque de Bragança

Well, there is In Extremo, and that's all.