News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man I have such a hard crash after I testify in court. Four days in a blistering and ferociously emotional hearing followed by hours on the stand. I get such a weird high up there dealing with those asshole soulless attorneys on the other side (my attorneys are, of course, good noble folks who only care about justice and the law) that when it is over I barely know how to exist in the world anymore.

I got to be the champion of the common man against the evil corporations and their big government puppets this time (an unusual position for an unelected government bureaucrat to be in) so I also got the esteem and love of the plebs. That was cool.

Just sitting here at work today thinking 'wow...ok. Not sure what to do with myself.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 12:25:24 PM
Man I have such a hard crash after I testify in court. Four days in a blistering and ferociously emotional hearing followed by hours on the stand. I get such a weird high up there dealing with those asshole soulless attorneys on the other side (my attorneys are, of course, good noble folks who only care about justice and the law) that when it is over I barely know how to exist in the world anymore.

I got to be the champion of the common man against the evil corporations and their big government puppets this time (an unusual position for an unelected government bureaucrat to be in) so I also got the esteem and love of the plebs. That was cool.

Just sitting here at work today thinking 'wow...ok. Not sure what to do with myself.'

Can you describe the context, or did I miss it elsewhere?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2016, 12:34:19 PM

I am an expert witness for the Public Utilities Commission of Texas. So just part of the job. I had a huge transmission line hearing this week, a case I had poured hundreds of hours of work into over the past 13 months. It ended, for me anyway, yesterday. So...now I feel weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 12:36:07 PM

I am an expert witness for the Public Utilities Commission of Texas. So just part of the job. I had a huge transmission line hearing this week, a case I had poured hundreds of hours of work into over the past 13 months. It ended, for me anyway, yesterday. So...now I feel weird.

Heh, I know the feeling. Some people get addicted to the rush of litigation.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Have we had this posted yet?

(N.B.: Lemmy died in 28/12/2015. I say close enough to be included. Also, doesn't include Leonard Cohen yet.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The year is still not over.

Grey Fox

Lots of Boomers have yet to die.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 12:36:07 PM

I'm more used to it, obviously, but yeah litigation can be a hell of a rush.  I'm kind of useless for a day or so after a huge trial.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

It seems Turkey is determined to go back to the path of barbarism:

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/250290.aspx

Martinus

Something feel good for you fuckers, because I'm in a good mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOPSDYm4Qc

Of course then I think that there are fuckers who kill animals like this for sport and I'm not in good mood anymore.

Josephus

Is it rude to fart loudly at a urinal if someone is beside you?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on November 18, 2016, 06:14:19 PM

no
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

You may fire when ready Mr. Gridley.

The Brain

Posting on Languish might be.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Depends.  You can't really pee and hold it in at the same time, it's all or nothing situation.  But I once listened in amazement to a 10-15 second long super-loud never-ending fart, and that struck me as a little excessive.