Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on August 05, 2016, 11:01:19 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2016, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 05, 2016, 08:15:22 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 04, 2016, 07:22:47 AM
My iPod is dead.
What does someone do these days when they need an MP3 player?
Could just use my phone but...batteries.

Apple Ipods
I want an ipod. Not another iPhone.

I understand that ipod nano is an ipod and has no phone function.  The screen is only 2.5 inch large.
No track select function on the nano right?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2016, 03:58:21 PM
My iPod is dead.

Apple Ipods

I understand that ipod nano is an ipod and has no phone function.  The screen is only 2.5 inch large.

There is on the nano, but there isn't one on the shuffle which is the really small one
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 05, 2016, 04:07:27 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2016, 03:58:21 PM
My iPod is dead.

Apple Ipods

There is on the nano, but there isn't one on the shuffle which is the really small one

Really we should all club together and buy Tyr an MP3 player, that way he doesn't have to continue to fret about the decision.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

:lol:

QuoteThere is on the nano, but there isn't one on the shuffle which is the really small one
Ah, thanks, may have gotten mixed up there.

In other news, this is kind of cool:
http://jpwright.net/subway/
Little game to redesign the New York subway.
I guess if you know anything about NYC its better :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Bravo to the Times subs :lol:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russian-wants-to-rap-but-he-never-ra-ra-raps-putin-kfcq7zqdb
QuoteRussian wants to rap, but he never ra ra raps Putin
Marc Bennetts, Moscow
August 5 2016, 12:01am,
The Times

Sergei Mironov, 63, was mocked up as  a rapper after revealing his plans
The 63-year-old leader of one of Russia's biggest political parties has been mocked after announcing plans to take on leaders of rival parties in pre-election rap contests.

Sergei Mironov, leader of the Fair Russia party, created in 2006 by Kremlin advisers to draw votes away from the Communist Party, is to take on the pseudonym "OxxxyMironov" for the rap debates.

In the so-called "debattles" he has proposed that party leaders use their rap skills to promote their election manifestos and criticise their rivals' policies. It is not clear who he will take on in today's scheduled "debattle" and one rival...
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Just learned from the identity theft protection service I (and others here) got because of the OPM hack that a sex offender just moved in close to me.

What's the purpose for including an electronic sex offender registry as part of identity theft protection?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2016, 09:58:08 AM
Just learned from the identity theft protection service I (and others here) got because of the OPM hack that a sex offender just moved in close to me.

What's the purpose for including an electronic sex offender registry as part of identity theft protection?

Maybe it's a form of distraction; hey look over there, there's a sex offender that we're making you aware of because we're so concerned about you and your community's safety. Notional you "Oh, thanks for caring about us", promptly forgetting about or being less concerned about the serious breech of your personal data and privacy?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

His sex offence was raping people then wearing their faces?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 06, 2016, 02:06:43 PM

It puts on the lotion or it gets the hose.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Just discovered my hotel in Germany has a socket for British plug. I don't think I'd seen that before.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on August 06, 2016, 02:06:43 PM

"Lascivious conduct with a minor." 

Admiral Yi

I would like to learn how to play either the bagpipes or the banjo.

Josquius

When I was a kid I really wanted a banjo for some reason.
Maybe there was a banjo player on TV at the time? hmm.....

But an american who doesn't claim to be celtic learning the pipes would be a step forward
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2016, 01:37:18 AM
I would like to learn how to play either the bagpipes or the banjo.

Bagpipes take a long time before you get a decent sound.  With the Banjo you can pluck a decent tune in a couple of hours.

Assuming you have some musical ability to start with...

derspiess

I saw the Wienermobile in Louisville yesterday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall