News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 18, 2015, 11:17:33 AM
It doesn't say it, but it shows the guy picking Smith up and spinning him around in the air.

That's how the fight started, not necessarily how it ended. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

QuoteOutbreak Of "Super" Gonorrhea In Northern England

There are growing concerns about an outbreak of a "super" highly drug-resistant strain of gonorrhea spreading across the north of England, prompting a nationwide alert. The strain has been found to be unaffected by the drug azithromycin, which is normally used in conjunction with another antibiotic to treat the disease, caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

Maximus

Quote from: Maximus on September 17, 2015, 04:30:45 PM
On the other hand getting in to see my GP in a  non-emergency scenario is often three weeks or more even without socialized medicine.
Actually I just tried to get in and the next available slot was in March.  :wacko:

Josquius

that's a true story?
Yet again I read about it on the daily mash first and took it to be pure joke :lol:

Rest assured I shan't be sleeping with any British girls.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

1768 and 17th century clothes? :yeahright:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Probably a couple in Sweden, where everything happens a century later.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on September 18, 2015, 12:14:50 PM
QuoteOutbreak Of "Super" Gonorrhea In Northern England

There are growing concerns about an outbreak of a "super" highly drug-resistant strain of gonorrhea spreading across the north of England, prompting a nationwide alert. The strain has been found to be unaffected by the drug azithromycin, which is normally used in conjunction with another antibiotic to treat the disease, caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

My employee warned me as I'm going to Leeds this weekend. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 18, 2015, 11:51:44 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 18, 2015, 11:17:33 AM
It doesn't say it, but it shows the guy picking Smith up and spinning him around in the air.

Will had him just where he wanted him, I guess.

Gave him the height advantage, I suppose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Nearly posted this comment on another forum, in response to a load of women worrying about eschatological disaster bullshit, but figured the 'Languish style' wouldn't go down well there:

QuoteDo some girls get a thrill out of thinking about disasters, like others do out of riding pillion on a powerful motorbike? :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Inconsistent perspective, I'd say.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom