News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on May 27, 2015, 08:06:44 AM
Several years ago, I got a phone marketer selling magazines. She had such a sexy voice, and hot British accent, man I never bought so many magazine subscriptions in my life.

Makes you wonder why so few telemarketers have pleasant voices, doesn't it?  Does a good voice correlate with education, income, status?

derspiess

When I called Sprint yesterday the customer service gal called me "sweetie", "honey", *and* "sugar".  I didn't tell my wife about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Dammit Sweetass, your thread had potential. But you put a pillow over its face.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

You don't surrender to grumbler like that.  Only encourages him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah come on Syt. I enjoy your crazy Russian articles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah don't let that toolshed grumbler cause you to stop posting entertaining threads, Syt.  If that guy doesn't like something about it, especially enough that he starts whining about it, that really probably means you're doing something right.

grumbler

Yeah, Syt, don't be so emo.  I made a suggestion to improve the board, like we did with youtube videos, that's all.  You don't need to pout and go all "I'll just cease posting news stories."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2015, 10:12:50 AM
Yeah, Syt, don't be so emo.  I made a suggestion to improve the board, like we did with youtube videos, that's all.  You don't need to pout and go all "I'll just cease posting news stories."

You do get fucking tiring sometimes though.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

You being a jerkoff and shitting all over every thread where you get offended in some dumb fashion screws up the board a lot worse than some Pravda articles.

Admiral Yi

grumbler is an act of nature, like constipation.  The moral failing lies in the person who responds to his provocation.

Malthus

Judge Kwak Delivers Vedict in "Scrooge McDuck" Murder Case:

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83632919/

... or at least, that would be the headline if I was the editor.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

France will never use Natural Gas or Coal if it kills them.

I always wonder if all the stress over lack of coal resources and obsession over trying to get the Saarland back in the day is the reason for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Medina Lake is actually a lake again! 

http://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/medina

Val, how does Travis look?