News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I use the costumes from the Miss Universe contests as a good standard for traditional dress.

I mean, this is definitely Canada...

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 28, 2015, 10:13:57 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 27, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
Going to the Airshow tomorrow, looking forward to it. The Blue Angels rock.

The women don't feel like going anymore :(

Well that's kind of a bummer.  The Blue Angels are pretty damn cool, even when they're just practicing.  We used to go out on the air ops roof every once in a while while they were out flying around.  Great view from up there. 

lustindarkness

Not only did I miss the Blue Angels but, a dinning room lamp/chandelier to change and two curtain rods to install/hang. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

sbr

Josquius

So Liverpool....
You can really tell it used to be something more than it is today. Lots of really grandiose and cool buildings albeit in a somewhat tatty state and used for unfitting new purposes.
Some quite pretty buildings about during the day. And once you get past sniggering at the accent the people are rather friendly too.
Quite a nice city really.
By day.
By night.... Jesus. It's like sunderland on a bigger scale. So.... Lumpen. Terrible music and rough as hell. Not too cheap either.

A point that came up here- for some reason a friend thought it would be funny to arrange a present for the guy getting married.... He hired a dwarf to come and handcuff himself to him for two hours.
At first I cringed. Jesus. That is not right. Laughing at disabled people like that... It's the 21st century. Damn.
But.... All the dwarf did was sit there, eat the stag's chips and drink a beer.
200 quid for 2 hours of sitting and drinking?
Hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Probably one of the best political cartoons from the Economist:

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2015, 07:49:59 PM
So Liverpool....
You can really tell it used to be something more than it is today. Lots of really grandiose and cool buildings albeit in a somewhat tatty state and used for unfitting new purposes.
Some quite pretty buildings about during the day. And once you get past sniggering at the accent the people are rather friendly too.
Quite a nice city really.
By day.
By night.... Jesus. It's like sunderland on a bigger scale. So.... Lumpen. Terrible music and rough as hell. Not too cheap either.

A point that came up here- for some reason a friend thought it would be funny to arrange a present for the guy getting married.... He hired a dwarf to come and handcuff himself to him for two hours.
At first I cringed. Jesus. That is not right. Laughing at disabled people like that... It's the 21st century. Damn.
But.... All the dwarf did was sit there, eat the stag's chips and drink a beer.
200 quid for 2 hours of sitting and drinking?
Hmm....

Probably a bad idea to refer to such a person as a dwarf and/or disabled.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on March 29, 2015, 12:34:17 AM
Probably one of the best political cartoons from the Economist:

Do people really fear a Fourth Reich or are Nazi remarks just there to shame Germans and derive a political advantage from that.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on March 29, 2015, 08:06:03 AM
Do people really fear a Fourth Reich or are Nazi remarks just there to shame Germans and derive a political advantage from that.

I thought the point of that cartoon was to point out the irrationality of Debtorland's fear/hatred of Germany.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2015, 10:21:12 AM
Quote from: Zanza on March 29, 2015, 08:06:03 AM

I thought the point of that cartoon was to point out the irrationality of Debtorland's fear/hatred of Germany.

Could your yes be more convoluted, please?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on March 29, 2015, 10:49:02 AM

For a yes to be convoluted it must first be a yes.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2015, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 29, 2015, 10:49:02 AM

For a yes to be convoluted it must first be a yes.

You think they point out the irrationality of something that doesn't exist? Non-rhetorical.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on March 29, 2015, 11:14:32 AM
You think they point out the irrationality of something that doesn't exist? Non-rhetorical.

Zanza didn't ask if it exists or not.  He asked if it is sincere.