Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2015, 01:20:03 PM
I found it very easily. :p

Check CNN.  That's where I saw it.
Can you link me to the story?  I can't find it on CNN.  Maybe my workplace is trolling me by sending me delayed version of Internet.

Admiral Yi

No.  Check the name for different spellings.

Try googling "wop trial american girl."

Caliga

LEAVE FOXY KNOXY ALONE!!!  :cry:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2015, 12:09:43 PM
A Wop court has found Amanda Knox guilty of murder and issued an Interpol warrant for her arrest, but has not yet requested that the US extradite her.

The talking head shyster on CNN said the strongest legal argument against extradition would be double jeopardy, and that ultimately it's a political call for the State Department to make.

It was their Supreme Court.  The strongest legal argument is that our Supreme Court is more Supreme then theirs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

:hmm: Is there something I'm not getting?

KRonn

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2015, 01:29:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politics/amanda-knox-extradition/

Have you had brain surgery recently Guller?
This doesn't say that the court has found her guilty.  This article talks about a hypothetical.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2015, 01:31:32 PM
This doesn't say that the court has found her guilty.  This article talks about a hypothetical.

My bad.  Maybe the news is too fresh for a write up yet.

I'm pretty sure the Wolfman was not using the conditional.

Razgovory

It's a shame we have nobody here who is siding with Italians.  I have plenty of good, cognizant arguments, and many more that aren't!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2015, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2015, 01:31:32 PM

My bad.  Maybe the news is too fresh for a write up yet.

I'm pretty sure the Wolfman was not using the conditional.
I think you misheard, or Wolfman was misinformed. 

lustindarkness

Going to the Airshow tomorrow, looking forward to it. The Blue Angels rock.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

They flew right past downtown Cincy last year.  Cool as hell.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 27, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
Going to the Airshow tomorrow, looking forward to it. The Blue Angels rock.

You ever make it down to Pepsi Cola, home of the Blue Angels, or to the Redneck Riviera in general?

Capetan Mihali

But very dangerous, those Blaue Engels...  :ph34r:

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)