And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2015, 10:13:14 PM

I didn't take the test

That can't be right, Hitler would be 125.

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on March 04, 2015, 04:58:19 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2015, 03:24:31 PM
50 non-standard places to visit:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/01/10/travel/2014-places-to-go.html?_r=0

:hmm:
Albania does appeal for some reason.

Kind of a bizarre list. I don't know if places like Cape Town, Siem Reap, Athens, Scotland, Nepal, Dubai, the Vatican, and Yogyakarta really qualify as "non standard".  On the other hand, I've lived in or near Atlanta and Indianapolis and struggle to see the international appeal of either.

However, it has Patagonia on the list, which is imo the greatest destination ever, so that redeems everything.

To be fair, the article doesn't mention 'non-standard' at all.
Maybe it's just because none of them feature coal mines.  :P

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2015, 05:47:25 PM
QuoteYou act as though you're

You often find yourself quite busy, with tons of people relying on you and your work – all in all, you've got a quite heavy load on your shoulders. Though you do like to let go and party, there often just doesn't seem to be enough time for it. This does bring you down from time to time, but in the end you know that all your achievements are more rewarding than a night out

Pretty much bang on  :D

Ditto.  Some of the answer sets were difficult to choose from, though.

crazy canuck

Bears are coming out of hibernation early because of the very warm winter we have had.  Hopefully the warm weather continues and their food supply continues to grow - if we get a cold snap there are going to be some very grumpy bears around here.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
Bears are coming out of hibernation early because of the very warm winter we have had.  Hopefully the warm weather continues and their food supply continues to grow - if we get a cold snap there are going to be some very grumpy bears around here.

Um, this isn't the gay thread.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 11:46:15 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2015, 11:23:19 AM

Um, this isn't the gay thread.

Try reading less of posts by Marti/Grallon and you should be fine.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Random thought of the day: How many countries have you been to by age?

Me:

0: 1
~2: 2
11/12?: 3
14: 4
15/16?: 5
17: 6
20: 10
21: 13
22: 14
24: 15
26: 18
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 01:01:26 PM
Not that many.

:lol:  Still haven't seen most of this one yet.

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 01:01:26 PM
Not that many.
I know :(
This year I have a mission to visit 12 I haven't been to before.
So far this year: 0....
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

0 to 9 = 1
9 = 2
10 to 13 = 2
14 = 3
15 to 18 = 3
19 = 4
20 to 24 = 4
24 = 5
Still at 5.

Canada, USA, Mexico, Cuba & UK.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

0:1
3:2
18:3
19:4
22:5
23:14

Forgot Canada.  :sleep:

Barrister

From 0-25 I only ever visited two countries - Canada and the US.

When I was 26 I made it to Mexico.

When I was 31 I made it to the UK.

It was 33 when I did my tour of central Eastern europe, when I actually started hitting a bunch of countries: Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Lichtenstein.  Does driving through Slovakia and Switzerland count as visiting?

At age 34 I added Italy, and 38 I added Brazil.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Anybody watch Conan's extended show last night, his trip to Cuba?  Pretty neat.

http://youtu.be/hjfogiltO80