News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 11:06:07 AM
560 years ago today the Turks started giving it to the Greeks in the ass. :)

I think that actually started before then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on May 29, 2013, 12:30:55 PM
Dog pilot stereotypes.  :rolleyes:

Sometimes you just have to do a bit of profiling.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Comment on YouTube that asks questions that we should ponder more I think:

"Why u hate nazis ?? do you ever read the history ?!"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 12:29:55 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 11:06:07 AM
560 years ago today the Turks started giving it to the Greeks in the ass. :)

I think that actually started before then.
I was trying to be colorful there. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on May 29, 2013, 01:31:32 PM
Comment on YouTube that asks questions that we should ponder more I think:

"Why u hate nazis ?? do you ever read the history ?!"

They're just misunderstood.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

I just intentionally pissed off someone from a company we're partnering with, just to make a point.  Unless you're my director or above, do *not* send me an email with "Action Required" in the subject line.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 03:28:31 PM
I just intentionally pissed off someone from a company we're partnering with, just to make a point.  Unless you're my director or above, do *not* send me an email with "Action Required" in the subject line.
I guess some HR person is going to get an "Action Required' e-mail from your director pretty soon.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 29, 2013, 03:33:05 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 03:28:31 PM
I guess some HR person is going to get an "Action Required' e-mail from your director pretty soon.

I'm not just standing up for myself-- I'm standing up for my company.  They oughtta give me a medal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 03:40:50 PM
I'm not just standing up for myself-- I'm standing up for my company.  They oughtta give me a medal.
You're not standing up for your company, you're making your company look unprofessional.  You should be on your best best behavior when dealing with outsiders.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 29, 2013, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 03:40:50 PM
You're not standing up for your company, you're making your company look unprofessional.  You should be on your best best behavior when dealing with outsiders.

You weren't there, man.  You didn't see how it went down.

Razgovory

Do companies get pissy when employees send snippy letters to their counterparts in other companies?  I have no idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2013, 06:20:59 PM
Do companies get pissy when employees send snippy letters to their counterparts in other companies?  I have no idea.
I don't know, I've never actually seen it happen, on either side of the communication.  To me that's just unthinkable.  I imagine that no manager is going to particularly like hearing complaints about the conduct of their employee from another company's manager.