Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on May 28, 2013, 07:14:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2013, 07:14:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 06:45:31 PM
How often did your accent get you laid?  I want daily metrics.   Amount of ass per day.

Yeah, Spanish-type accents in California are so rare.

:unsure: You can't tell a Spanish accent from a Mexican one?

I probably could in most cases, yes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

If every other word isn't chinga they ain't mexican.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Head like a bowling ball + wispy little molester = Mexican.

Nose like a toucan + stubble like a chia pet = Spaniard.

katmai

Breath smells of dog=Korean?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

Second one would also go for Argies.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Interesting statistic of the day:

Average Senate vote wait time for Bush Administration judicial nominees: 34 days.
Average Senate vote wait time for Obama Administration judicial nominees: 116 days.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2013, 06:19:30 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 28, 2013, 06:16:29 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2013, 05:19:42 PM
The thing is that he didn't finish school and started working without graduating, IIRC. Now he has plenty of experience but no degrees to show around at all.

Are you back? Did you mail me a postcard? ;)

I returned to Spain last thursday, and your postcard should be on its way.  :P

WEll? Did you enjoy it? Go anywhere cool?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

Average Senate vote wait time for Bush Administration judicial nominees: 34 days.
Average Senate vote wait time for Obama Administration judicial nominees: 116 days.

You'd appreciate today's Doonesbury on that point.

Tamas

yes we can!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on May 28, 2013, 09:50:37 PM

You'd appreciate today's Doonesbury on that point.

Nobody reads Doonesbury anymore.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2013, 05:55:21 AM
Nobody reads Doonesbury anymore.

I do.  Makes me feel smug.

CountDeMoney

Time to pull our ambassador out of Venezuela.  We need a congressional committee to investigate this coverup.

QuoteWASHINGTON — U.S. officials  confirmed that two American employees of the U.S. embassy in Caracas, Venezuela, were shot outside of a nightclub early this morning.  The men were part of the embassy's defense attaché and were hospitalized after the incident.

"Medical staff inform us that their injuries do not appear to be life-threatening. Embassy security and health unit personnel are at the hospital and have been in touch with the two individuals and their families," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said.

Lt. Col. Todd Breassele told ABC News that one of the men was to be released from the hospital today, and the other was expected to be released Wednesday.

Venezuelan police officials told reporters that the shooting appeared to stem from a fight in the club, which is located in a shopping center in the eastern part of the city.

The U.S. embassy in Caracas is cooperating with authorities to investigate the incident, Ventrell said.

"We are in contact with local authorities, which is a standard operating procedure for us overseas," he said.

Shootings are not uncommon in the country, which  has one of the world's worst crime rates. The Venezuelan government estimated that in 2012 more than 16,000 people were murdered, but independent crime tracking organizations estimate the numbers to be much higher.

The State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security report on Venezuela last year rated the criminal threat level for Caracas as "CRITICAL," calling it the deadliest capital in the world.

"Caracas continues to be notorious for the brazenness of high-profile, violent crimes such as murder, robberies, and kidnappings," said the report. "Armed assaults and robberies continue to be a part of everyday life."

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on May 28, 2013, 09:39:37 PMWEll? Did you enjoy it? Go anywhere cool?

Yup, it was great. For such a tiny place it really packs way more stuff to see and do that it initially seems and punches way above its weight in touristic and historic stuff. And quite affordable and reasonably prized as well. I will have to go back at some point as I didn't have enough time to see all the stuff that I wanted to see.

The driving is terrible, though.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

Wtf?

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2013, 08:31:40 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 28, 2013, 09:39:37 PMWEll? Did you enjoy it? Go anywhere cool?
The driving is terrible, though.

And parking is worse. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011