News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2013, 05:19:42 PM
The thing is that he didn't finish school and started working without graduating, IIRC. Now he has plenty of experience but no degrees to show around at all.

Then it should be easier to go back and fill in the blanks.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 05:21:06 PM
The thing is that he didn't finish school and started working without graduating, IIRC. Now he has plenty of experience but no degrees to show around at all.

Then it should be easier to go back and fill in the blanks.

Iorm can give the details, but AFAIK it's way messier than that, and he'd have to basically start up from scratch.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2013, 05:24:57 PM
Iorm can give the details, but AFAIK it's way messier than that, and he'd have to basically start up from scratch.

Welcome to the club, Iorm.  :hug:

Iormlund

The curricula I took back in the day dated from 1967. It's changed twice since then (last time to adapt to Bolonia). So basically I'm fucked on that front.

In any case there's not much reward in my line of business. Not here at least. Those of my mates with degrees are in the same place. Except they've got huge mortgages. :D

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 05:27:28 PM
Welcome to the club, Iorm.  :hug:

:lol: Thx.

I did love your Die Hard reference.

Ed Anger

At least you'd get a discount on an Opel. Unless GM ended their once great employee discounts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

I'd be working for a contractor. None of the big factories hire talent to actually design their lines anymore.

Josephus

Are you back? Did you mail me a postcard? ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on May 28, 2013, 06:16:29 PM

Are you back? Did you mail me a postcard? ;)

I returned to Spain last thursday, and your postcard should be on its way.  :P

Admiral Yi

Mr. Spanish Time still owes a California AAR too. :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2013, 06:35:46 PM
Mr. Spanish Time still owes a California AAR too. :lol:

I had a kick-ass time. There you have it.  :P

CountDeMoney

How often did your accent get you laid?  I want daily metrics.   Amount of ass per day.

fhdz

Quote from: Iormlund on May 28, 2013, 04:36:19 PM
Engineering school. Worst fucking mistake of my life.

No way, man. You're going to actually make things.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 06:45:31 PM
How often did your accent get you laid?  I want daily metrics.   Amount of ass per day.

Yeah, Spanish-type accents in California are so rare.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2013, 07:14:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 06:45:31 PM

Yeah, Spanish-type accents in California are so rare.

:unsure: You can't tell a Spanish accent from a Mexican one?
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive