News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

So when did you realize that Japan was . . . different?

PLaying some old SNES games on emulator, I think I can pinpoint the moment it occurred to me:

Ca. 1992, playing Parodius on SNES. Batshit insane, but kick ass soundtrack.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

The frogs are looking at buying Reaper drones.

I :wub: General Atomics.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I feel like taking a 2 hour nap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

First full set at the animal shelter today.  Took an hour and a half longer than I expected and was kinda hard going.  Also feel like taking a two hour nap. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 01:41:51 PM
First full set at the animal shelter today.  Took an hour and a half longer than I expected and was kinda hard going.  Also feel like taking a two hour nap. :lol:

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on April 06, 2013, 12:33:49 AM
Payment for Kindness: 2 Days in a Trunk at Age 89

'When two teenage girls in Delaware wanted a ride to the other side of town and Margaret E. Smith obliged, she did not expect a frightening encounter along the way.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/us/this-land-with-an-act-of-kindness-a-lady-vanishes.html

Granny had $500 on her? :hmm:  Looks like she wasn't just looking to score an ice cream cone.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 07, 2013, 01:42:51 PM

:)
:lmfao:

CountDeMoney

Shelterin' ain't easy.

Ideologue

I can see why crazy cat people don't have time for real jobs now.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

We do what needs to be done in life because it is the right thing to do.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

A barechested member of Femen, a radical feminist group rushes at Putin/Mekel at the Hanover trade fair:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

The guy with the red tie seems to be very interested in her message.