News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Just noticed this is the 1000th page.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2013, 04:46:41 AM
It's the 1666th page :contract:

You know Tim can't spell. No need to correct him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 28, 2013, 04:44:31 AM
Just noticed this is the 1000th page.

No, clearly you are both wrong, it's the 500th page.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Only the Gospel of default is the proper path to enlightment. 1666th page.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Apparently 15 posts a page isn't enough for Tim and Mongers.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2013, 08:02:18 AM
Apparently 15 posts a page isn't enough for Tim and Mongers.  :rolleyes:

Fifty per page is the one true religion; down with these fifteen and twenty-fiver heretics    :pope:

lustindarkness

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 499 [500]
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Zanza

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 27, 2013, 05:27:37 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 27, 2013, 03:45:19 PM
I just found out that Germany's deputy minister of defence is French.  :ph34r: :frog:

What? He's from Saarbrück like Lafontaine or Aachen ?
Huguenot family like de Maizières ?
He has a French mother and served in the French army.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on March 28, 2013, 12:23:33 AM
Assuming I didn't have a fire extinguisher and he had a cell phone, I wouldn't have stopped either.  If I could have actually done something to help I would consider it.

Oh btw the fire trucks were already on their way.  And no, I don't have a fire extinguisher in my car.  I am now considering one.

And FWIW I think there was something wrong with the dude.  He was one of those older looking extremely skinny guys that don't look like they've showered in months.

The whole thing was extremely bizarre.  I was only in the area for a matter of seconds but it seemed a lot longer.  You kept bracing for that horrible Hollywood moment where the car explodes into a huge fireball.  Though IIRC Mythbusters debunked that one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2013, 12:00:01 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 28, 2013, 12:23:33 AM
Assuming I didn't have a fire extinguisher and he had a cell phone, I wouldn't have stopped either.  If I could have actually done something to help I would consider it.

Oh btw the fire trucks were already on their way.  And no, I don't have a fire extinguisher in my car.  I am now considering one.

Get one. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Mono tries to fly to Nairobi.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a445584/man-wears-70-items-of-clothing-at-airport-to-avoid-baggage-charge.html
QuoteA man took to putting on 70 items of clothing to avoid an extra baggage charge at an airport.

The unidentified passenger turned up at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in China, described as looking like a 'sumo wrestler'.

According to Guangzhou Daily, the man's luggage exceeded the weight limit. He did not want to pay the extra baggage costs, and thus took out and wore more than 60 shirts and nine pairs of jeans.

Wanting to board a flight to Nairobi, Kenya, he was stopped by the metal detector and had to undergo a full body search.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall