News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Various events have been drawing me into Southern nationalism against my will. Although languish may not believe me, I really don't want to think about it. But here I am with the sun coming up, and i'm writing angry essays denouncing Emerson..

Anger doesn't suit me, and I look forward to returning to easygoing non-involvement in political affairs.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

So when are you going to make the move to Japan permanent?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

It should be summer/fall 2013. I graduate in the spring, and my hands are tied until then. I have that long to study the language further and enjoy the things in Tennessee that aren't available there.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on November 10, 2012, 01:59:25 AM
Why the fuck are you looking at Canadian Rail!?!?!

Vacation planning.  280-ish for Montreal to Quebec City?  Robbery.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 10, 2012, 08:37:16 AM

Vacation planning.  280-ish for Montreal to Quebec City?  Robbery.
How many miles/km is that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Don't you remember when Zoups and GF were trying to trick me with that as well?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2012, 11:23:08 PM
It seems I've ended up with a girlfriend.
It was a bit of a goal and she isn't bad but a bit short and...yeah...what about that really busty, bonny girl I had my eye on? What about all the other girls? Adult times almost on tap is nice but....
Its not like I'd ever get anywhere with any other girls. But still I worry. Change is bad.

Maybe on another forum she's posting similar sentiments ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Well, this is something I've never seen before.  Some guy in my building has apparently spammed every apartment (about 500 of them) with his cover letter and resume for a financial services position.  He sure is enterprising, at least.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2012, 10:25:00 AM
Well, this is something I've never seen before.  Some guy in my building has apparently spammed every apartment (about 500 of them) with his cover letter and resume for a financial services position.  He sure is enterprising, at least.
What is your assessment of his resume/CV.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on November 10, 2012, 10:34:51 AM
I don't know, it sounds like an investment banking resume.  I don't know what's impressive and what isn't for those.  He has a computer engineering undergraduate degree, and masters in finance, which is a sweet combination for actuarial jobs.  If you can handle analytics, and can program them efficiently, that's golden where I work.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2012, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 10, 2012, 10:34:51 AM
I don't know, it sounds like an investment banking resume.  I don't know what's impressive and what isn't for those.  He has a computer engineering undergraduate degree, and masters in finance, which is a sweet combination for actuarial jobs.  If you can handle analytics, and can program them efficiently, that's golden where I work.
Do a Google+Facebook+LinkedIn search and see if he was enterprising enough to scrub his virtual identity.

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2012, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2012, 11:23:08 PM
It seems I've ended up with a girlfriend.
It was a bit of a goal and she isn't bad but a bit short and...yeah...what about that really busty, bonny girl I had my eye on? What about all the other girls? Adult times almost on tap is nice but....
Its not like I'd ever get anywhere with any other girls. But still I worry. Change is bad.

Maybe on another forum she's posting similar sentiments ?

doubt it. as with most women i end up with its a case of her being mad about me and m going 'ok' but cinding her ok enough to not just try and one night it.

im being very self aware with my suckyness here though. hence actually posting
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2012, 09:18:22 AM

I seriously didn't know it was 200 & fucking 80 $. That's crazy. I went to Toronto for 25$!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

To Toronto on Via for $25? You must have seduced the ticket agent with your charm. Whenver I take the train to Montreal it's in the mid 200s.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2012, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2012, 09:18:22 AM

I seriously didn't know it was 200 & fucking 80 $. That's crazy. I went to Toronto for 25$!

Well it actually isn't anything like that for me. Just looked again to confirm but it'd be $65.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.