News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 15, 2012, 10:31:35 PM
After fucking up some porkchops yesterday in my first grilling adventure of the season because I forgot it required 2x chimneys worth of charcoal instead of just one, I have mostly retired my giant barrel grill in favor of a much more compact Weber 22.5" thing.  Grilled some chicken to break it in. 

Only get to roll out the barrel for parties or whatever now, I suppose.

A Kettle or a Smokey Mountain?  Both awesome products for complimentary uses.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 17, 2012, 05:11:31 PM
A Kettle or a Smokey Mountain?  Both awesome products for complimentary uses.

A kettle.  One Touch Silver, to be exact.  For only $99, I just couldn't resist.  It's pretty much perfect for the two of us.  Big enough that it doesn't feel cramped, small enough that I don't have to use an enormous amount of charcoal to heat it up.

This one here: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-741001-22-5-Inch-One-Touch-Silver/dp/B00004RALU

Lettow77

Languish~! Such an unseemly matter doesn't merit it's own thread, but I find myself again quite intoxicated and alone! I feel that, moving forward to the future, a drunk thread could be absolutely more successful than the first. Drawing on the experiences of prior encounters, we can state that race relations and my beautiful, gallant roommate are kinshi and cannot be discussed

In the absence of stimulating questions, I will provide my own compositions, created in a real-time environment

EDIT: composition #1

Neil
Katmai is Barrister if bb was more malicious, less satisfied with life and had less charisma and presence
Garbon and I have ideological and lifestyle differences that are unreconcilable- I think there is no middle ground to speak of
CDM is actually quite likeable, and i'm sure everyone likes him. I hope he finds his dragon lady.

Ide is likeable as well, and seems to have an improvement in his situation imminent
In the past I thought mongers was sam, but this was wishful thinking- he's more of a bilbo
The person whose name begins with H but isn't hokkaido but who is also a southerner has that unfortunate venomous tone that southerners who are politically active tend to get- I hope he feels better

Tyr goes with Valmy and Syt in a trifecta of reasonable posters. Syt seems to have grown out of having his avatar be some redhead woman.

A lady should have immaculate bangs whenever possible

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Hiss! I was called upon to drink by the highest of authorities

I drank in company, but am compelled to retire to myself
it's better to give couples their space

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 17, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Tyr goes with Valmy and Syt in a trifecta of reasonable posters.

The Axis of WTF do these three have to do with each other?

Lettow77

They are clearly related;

One's a european, one's a "european", and one's a 'european'

Also, you didn't have enough presence to merit inclusion
isn't it sad etc

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 17, 2012, 08:15:05 PM
Also, you didn't have enough presence to merit inclusion
isn't it sad etc

I would make a good secret agent.  :ph34r:

Lettow77

Neil was a shameful omission :(

But he's more legend than man

I feel Tamas has no idea how much sympathy I have for his horrible little country
I'd like to reach a discrete understanding where I condone his genocidal feelings toward gypsies and blatant, unacceptable racism
and he adopts a more concilliatory tone in lettow relations

Caliga is a good* man
I should probably feel distaste for his peasant preferences, but in general I think he is a good man

Siege is a credit to his country, although it isn't clear which country that is

edit: roommate-kun held my cup steady as I poured strawberry milk into it

we have an endearing local farming gruppen at bradford- "rock springs"

How quaint!

Edit edit:! languish~
I must rest for now
its a sleepy time. I miss the lullabies of days gone by
it is a supreme luxury to have someone to attend to you as you fall asleep
but it is ultimately better to have no hostages to fortune
to those halycon days, sayonara

Razgovory

Lettow needs to lay off the sauce.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 17, 2012, 08:32:03 PM
Siege is a credit to his country, although it isn't clear which country that is
:XD:

Ideologue

Has Zoupa been around in a while?  I wanted to ask him a question but if he's not around fuck it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

P.S. I feel like shit.  I haven't mowed a lawn in like eight years. :yuck:

Although I'm pretty sure it's more due to sitting in a super-hot attic with no AC in these days of anthropogenic climate change.  The fuck, sublessors--you knew I was coming for two months.  Granted, I think we all assumed it'd be another month before heating or cooling would be a big issue, but still.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

You need to start jogging every week.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Bullshit.  I work 40 hours on my feet each week.

Actually, I guess it's not bullshit. :P  I start working 60 hours with my ass in a chair each week Monday. -_-

But to respond to the content of your post, it's the heat (and maybe to a lesser extent the sandy soil, so that I probably breathed in half a pound of silica dust), not the exertion.  When I get dehydrated I get a jawache--my jaw is always sort of uncomfortable, probably because of my wisdom teeth, but it can get this really bad, throbbing pain sometimes.
Kinemalogue