News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Marco Reus had his last game at Dortmund after twelve years playing for them. As a farewell gesture to the supporters, he paid the beer for the 80,000 people in the stadium.  :beer:

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2024, 03:18:48 AMMarco Reus had his last game at Dortmund after twelve years playing for them. As a farewell gesture to the supporters, he paid the beer for the 80,000 people in the stadium.  :beer:

And then announced he will be moving to Saudi Arabia as retirement was no longer an option?
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2024, 03:18:48 AMMarco Reus had his last game at Dortmund after twelve years playing for them. As a farewell gesture to the supporters, he paid the beer for the 80,000 people in the stadium.  :beer:

That's awesome!

Jacob

Quote from: Josquius on May 19, 2024, 04:56:04 AMAnd then announced he will be moving to Saudi Arabia as retirement was no longer an option?

He probably got a volume discount :)

Zoupa

Arsenal's fumble for the title, 2 years in a row, really helped me see this season as a success.  :)

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on May 19, 2024, 04:11:18 PMArsenal's fumble for the title, 2 years in a row, really helped me see this season as a success.  :)

I'm disappointed in you Zoups! Overall very positive season for the Gunners.  :showoff:

Enjoy Europa League. Again.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I thought 5th place was champions league nowadays.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2024, 09:33:21 PMI thought 5th place was champions league nowadays.

The extra spot depends on the success of a league's teams in Europe. Bundesliga got that extra CL place for next season, not the English, because the English teams all blew it in their respective competitions.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 19, 2024, 09:44:11 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2024, 09:33:21 PMI thought 5th place was champions league nowadays.

The extra spot depends on the success of a league's teams in Europe. Bundesliga got that extra CL place for next season, not the English, because the English teams all blew it in their respective competitions.

Which is a daft system really.
Tottenham getting a CL spot depends on arsenal and the others doing well in the CL?
It should be fixed. Nobody gets a 5th place spot.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Ah so I was hoping for Tottenham to lose pointlessly, except for the fun aspect.

Anyways, at the start of the season I would have accepted 6th place for Chelsea and especially after the disaster most of the season was, I am happy. Although I am not without serious reservations, I hope Pochettino gets to stay one more season, and is given the chance to buy a couple of experienced defenders, especially with Thiago Silva leaving.