Singularity Update - Machines Achieve Higher IQ than Humans

Started by alfred russel, June 16, 2015, 07:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

http://observer.com/2015/06/artificially-intelligent-computer-outperforms-humans-on-iq-test/

AI has outperformed humans on IQ tests. I predict this will not last long. AI will mysteriously stop scoring higher than us, until they post an unreasonably high score just before making their move.

I know we have a megathread for this somewhere, but it fell of the front page, and I think this breakthrough is too important to delay bringing to you while I search for the megathread.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2015, 07:17:04 PM
http://observer.com/2015/06/artificially-intelligent-computer-outperforms-humans-on-iq-test/

AI has outperformed humans on IQ tests. I predict this will not last long. AI will mysteriously stop scoring higher than us, until they post an unreasonably high score just before making their move.

I know we have a megathread for this somewhere, but it fell of the front page, and I think this breakthrough is too important to delay bringing to you while I search for the megathread.

Click the little number 2, 3, 4......etc. Or just use the search.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on June 16, 2015, 07:37:18 PM

You seem a little out of sorts today

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2015, 07:40:58 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 16, 2015, 07:37:18 PM

You seem a little out of sorts today

Bored
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Easy to program a computer to solve math problems, this isn't about intelligence.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2015, 10:20:25 PM
Easy to program a computer to solve math problems, this isn't about intelligence.

Did you read the article? They also had verbal reasoning and comprehension in the test. That was actually the main focus of the article.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Further proof that IQ is not all it's cracked up to be.
If any were needed
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 17, 2015, 11:23:26 AM
Further proof that IQ is not all it's cracked up to be.
If any were needed

They tend to get used to mean things they were not designed to do. They were excellent tools when I worked in child care for treatment purposes but I don't think they are the final word of God on intelligence but I think only morons think that is what they are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on June 17, 2015, 09:19:16 AM
Did you read the article? They also had verbal reasoning and comprehension in the test. That was actually the main focus of the article.

Oh the irony.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 17, 2015, 04:39:03 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 17, 2015, 09:19:16 AM

Oh the irony.
:XD: