News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
Speaking of which, the Interior Minister of Bavaria said on TV yesterday that comparing the current refugees to the displaced Germans at the end of WW2 is an insult to those displaced Germans. Note that he didn't word it that such a comparison is difficult, or is comparing apples to oranges (which would be fair enough). He considers it flat out an insult.

I would say it is an insult to Syrian refugees. Last time I checked Syrians did not aid and abet genocide and war crimes.

Eddie Teach

Who do you think Assad has working for him?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2015, 10:53:26 AM
My ancestors were North German, but I'd probably fit in better in Bavaria.  They seem to have all the fun anyway.

My limited experience is somewhat to the contrary.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 29, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
I would say it is an insult to Syrian refugees. Last time I checked Syrians did not aid and abet genocide and war crimes.

This is nuts.  The only guys in Syria who are totally clean are The Syrian Free Army, all 60 of them.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2015, 05:56:35 PM

This is nuts.  The only guys in Syria who are totally clean are The Syrian Free Army, all 60 of them.
genocide-clean, not clean-clean.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
Speaking of which, the Interior Minister of Bavaria said on TV yesterday that comparing the current refugees to the displaced Germans at the end of WW2 is an insult to those displaced Germans. Note that he didn't word it that such a comparison is difficult, or is comparing apples to oranges (which would be fair enough). He considers it flat out an insult.

The Germans will find a solution.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Syt

Police in Austria picked up a van yesterday - three kids had to be sent to hospital because they were severely dehydrated.

In the Aegean Sea a patrol boat exchanged fire with a trafficker's boat. A 17 year old refugee died.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2015, 06:34:05 AM
Police in Austria picked up a van yesterday - three kids had to be sent to hospital because they were severely dehydrated.

In the Aegean Sea a patrol boat exchanged fire with a trafficker's boat. A 17 year old refugee died.

The three kids and their families have now secretly disappeared from the hospital.

Syt

Right wing protestors in Heidenau this past weekend.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Seriously? Are they even German or are they trolls sent by Putin?

Zanza

Merkel held a press conference today and positioned herself clearly for the first time. They government will set up a several billion Euro program for the refugees. She also said that freedom of movement in the EU necessitates solidarity when it comes to housing refugees. Germany will also likely start deporting West Balkan economic migrants faster.

Phillip V

Any projected fantasy maps of Europe post-Barbarian Invasion 21st Century Edition?

Eddie Teach

Apparently the response is lettowism?

This one might be more relevant.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?