And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on October 27, 2015, 11:29:18 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 11:27:20 AM
Er, it's more a case of they heard that Sweden gives good care, not bad care. They haven't said anything about being afraid of neglect, they have said that they don't like the countryside and prefer cities.

And people who prefer cities to the countryside cannot be refugees?

No they can't. A refugee is somebody who wants to not die and get shelter while the war back home stops. That is 100% covered by Swedish countryside. If somebody PROTESTS for a city residence be granted for him, he is not a refugee.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 11:28:44 AM
I don't get why people rush to the defense of the bus-sitters. They're a TINY minority among the people who come to Sweden, and ALL SIGNS point to them being in it for the money.

Seems to me all signs point to refugees who reasonably conclude that if they stay in the countryside they will be a lot less likely to build a new life in Sweden.  I would have thought the anti refugee crowd would applaud that kind of initiative. ;)

The Brain

Er, it's more a case of they heard that Sweden gives good care, not bad care. They haven't said anything about being afraid of neglect, they have said that they don't like the countryside and prefer cities.

Why do you ask? I'm sure many thousands of the refugees who come prefer cities to the countryside.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on October 27, 2015, 11:30:57 AM

No they can't. A refugee is somebody who wants to not die and get shelter while the war back home stops. That is 100% covered by Swedish countryside. If somebody PROTESTS for a city residence be granted for him, he is not a refugee.

Why are they mutually exclusive in your view?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 11:31:44 AM

Why do you ask? I'm sure many thousands of the refugees who come prefer cities to the countryside.

And for good reason.  So why would you complain if they express such a preference.  It leads to the kind of nonsensical reasoning that people who do voice such a preference cannot be a refugee.

Jacob

It seems that it's being argued that people who prefer cities to the countryside are not genuine refugees.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 27, 2015, 11:31:15 AM
I don't get why people rush to the defense of the bus-sitters. They're a TINY minority among the people who come to Sweden, and ALL SIGNS point to them being in it for the money.

Seems to me all signs point to refugees who reasonably conclude that if they stay in the countryside they will be a lot less likely to build a new life in Sweden.  I would have thought the anti refugee crowd would applaud that kind of initiative. ;)

Good for you.

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on October 27, 2015, 11:33:29 AM

It seems that it's being argued that people who prefer cities to the countryside are not genuine refugees.

Where? Post reference?

Eddie Teach

Nah, it's being argued that people who don't accept a place in the countryside are not genuine refugees. They can prefer cities all they want.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 27, 2015, 11:33:01 AM

And for good reason.  So why would you complain if they express such a preference.  It leads to the kind of nonsensical reasoning that people who do voice such a preference cannot be a refugee.

Where did I do that? Post reference?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2015, 11:35:48 AM
Nah, it's being argued that people who don't accept a place in the countryside are not genuine refugees. They can prefer cities all they want.

Really?

QuoteIf somebody PROTESTS for a city residence be granted for him, he is not a refugee.

So I will ask you since you seem to understand the position.  What makes someone who expresses a preference to be in a city rather than being located in the middle of nowhere less of a refugee?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 11:35:11 AM

Where? Post reference?

There are a few but here is one where you put your position forcefully.

QuoteAlso, if you come to my home and DEMAND stuff other than I serve you you ARE getting thrown out

Josquius

Your post here is all I've heard of this particular case and so the only sign I've seen is that they're upset about being placed in the countryside and want to be in the city.
Whatever other evidence there may be for them being fake refugees that particular fact isn't evidence for or against
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 27, 2015, 11:39:43 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 11:35:11 AM

Where? Post reference?

There are a few but here is one where you put your position forcefully.

QuoteAlso, if you come to my home and DEMAND stuff other than I serve you you ARE getting thrown out

Can you read? Honest question.

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2015, 11:40:29 AM
Your post here is all I've heard of this particular case and so the only sign I've seen is that they're upset about being placed in the countryside and want to be in the city.
Whatever other evidence there may be for them being fake refugees that particular fact isn't evidence for or against

Then you're not reading clearly.