Syt's Pictorial Collection of Stuff and Things (image heavy)

Started by Syt, June 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

That bootshine one is pretty PG-13. Must have been in a men's magazine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

That picture from the catalog of the Return of Jedi toys.  I once, literally every single one of those as a kid. :cry:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on December 15, 2015, 02:06:12 PM
Woah. 70s New York looked positively third world.  :(

Yeah, things changed. I recall 70s American drama movies on TV in the 80s, and as a kid I hated them, because they were slow, boring, and took place in depressing, desolate, decaying city scapes. :D

But yeah, in the 80s you could still make a show like The Equalizer, but these days Daredevil taking place in Hell's Kitchen has people go, "Oh, but it's such a nice (gentrified) neighborhood, and they're exaggerating!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Syt

From the series of "Ads you can't run anymore (except in India, mabye)":

—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

This, kids, is an example of accessible primary whacking material of the 1960s.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2016, 05:27:21 AM
From the series of "Ads you can't run anymore (except in India, mabye)":

For another, see my avatar pic.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

We would, but because you can't resize thumbnails for shit, we just kind of guess at it.  Looks like a cheetah.

Malthus