News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Bard's Tale IV

Started by Valmy, June 02, 2015, 08:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So InExile is kickstarting another RPG: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/

The Bard's Tale 2 was my first computer game back in 1987 and damn if them putting the map up from the original game on the kickstarter didn't give me feels. Damn I am old and easily manipulatable. Anyway anything Obsidian or InXile kickstarts is going to get my support anyway. If you feel the same or just hate having money or whatever feel free to donate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I spent way too much time with the first one. Not to mention graph paper mapping the damn thing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2015, 08:38:11 AM
I spent way too much time with the first one. Not to mention graph paper mapping the damn thing.

Yeah man. Each map was its own game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Free game if you back today:

QuoteOur good friends at CD Projekt Red and GOG.com have graciously agreed to allow us to extend the offer for another 24 hours! Anyone who backs The Bard's Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 48 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile's Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red's The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. (until 6/4 at 6am, PST)

For all backers of The Bard's Tale IV at the $20 Reward Tier and above. Wasteland 2 will be delivered on Steam or DRM-Free on GOG.com after the Kickstarter campaign. The Witcher and The Witcher 2 will be delivered on GOG.com.

Sweet. Which one should I get? :hmm:

celedhring

The Witcher games can be obtained for a few bucks in sales nowadays.

I'm intrigued by this kickstarter, I'm a sucker for old school dungeon crawlers but never played any Bard's Tale game.

Duque de Bragança

Wasteland 2 is getting a GOTY edition/patch (many changes e.g refined combat) which should be free to download to all who already have a valid Wasteland 2 key.

Valmy

So Wasteland 2 then. I had planned on buying it anyway but I know there are alot of Witcher Fans on this board. I generally do not care for RPGs without parties but I thought maybe I might give them a shot someday.

celedhring

The Witcher games are amazing, it's just that they can be bought for much less than Wasteland 2 nowadays.

Valmy

Engine demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVB6dSckvJI&feature=youtu.be

Loved the call back to the song from the beginning of The Bard's Tale. Also wow they are really playing up the Gaels stuff. I bet the Gaels would have won the Battle of Harlaw with those kinds of magical powers.

Barrister

I remember playing BT3 back in the day, but not fondly enough to be interested in a remake.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 02:21:29 PM
I remember playing BT3 back in the day, but not fondly enough to be interested in a remake.

Fair enough but I don't think there is going to be much of a resemblance :P

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2015, 02:26:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 02:21:29 PM

Fair enough but I don't think there is going to be much of a resemblance :P

It's more that it was a "game I played", rather than a "game I loved".

Give me an Ultima X, on the other hand...

Valmy

Um dude there have been a ton of Ultima games being kickstarted and so forth. How many do we need?

The answer is: one good one.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2015, 03:22:36 PM
Um dude there have been a ton of Ultima games being kickstarted and so forth. How many do we need?

The answer is: one good one.

I've seen some mobile shite.

What else is out there?

Valmy