News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence

Started by Syt, May 19, 2015, 02:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/18/nobunagas-ambition-sphere-of-influence-europe-na-release/

QuoteThe problem with Nobunaga's Ambition is that the title is a constant reminder of the fantastic Onimusha series, which Capcom has long since abandoned. So while my heart is heavy once again, in mourning of a once great franchise, I'm also pleased to see that Koei Tecmo has announced that it will be sending Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence [official site] to the western world this September 4th. Good news for turn-based grand strategy fans!

Known as Nobunaga's Ambition: Creation in Japan, the latest entry to the long-running (30 years!) has been renamed Sphere of Influence for its western release. Set during the Sengoku era (1467 – 1603) in Japan, you'll be placed in the large shoes of a feudal lord, striving to unite the country under your own flag and ideals.

You'll do this through creation, diplomacy and war. Build up your clan by expanding your land, growing your economy and dealing with other pesky landowner style busy work. Doing so will allow you to excel at the fun stuff: espionage and fighting. Spies and armies are the name of the game here and you'll need both to take full dominion over Japan.

History buffs will delight in playing as real historical personalities, while everyone else can customise their own warlord character. The game has been out for a while in Japan, so there's plenty of information about the game to digest between now and the game's western launch on September 4th.

http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/games/162/Nobunaga%26%23039%3Bs-Ambition%3A-Sphere-of-Influence/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I wish they remade Genghis Khan or Romance of Three Kingdoms.

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2015, 02:16:13 AM
I wish they remade Genghis Khan or Romance of Three Kingdoms.

There was a Romance of the Three Kingdom release as recent as 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_12

Syt

The last one released in the West was RotTK XI, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

And I who paid almost 200$ to import the original game from Japan, PUK included. :nelson:

You guys would be interested in a small AAR?

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on May 19, 2015, 09:25:49 AM
And I who paid almost 200$ to import the original game from Japan, PUK included. :nelson:

You guys would be interested in a small AAR?

i would certainly be.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!