News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Liep, June 01, 2015, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

This thing is slicker than pig shit. And damn, is it fast.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DontSayBanana

My laptop's compatible (my Win 7 machine never popped a reservation notice, surprise, surprise), but I'm still waiting on the download to be ready.  Feeling too lazy to deal with the ISO download route or the other hacky way I've seen to skip the queue.
Experience bij!

viper37

Thought of installing it on the office computer, now that I got everything working.

Known Issues:​

​[424127] The Firefox browser may crash while opening multiple tabs (2 or more)
        Disabling hardware acceleration or opening multiple windows instead of multiple tabs is a temporary workaround solution
    [423635] A Blue Screen error may be observed with some Intel+AMD configurations on driver installation. As a workaround, please update your drivers using Windows update.
    ​​[423536] F1™ 2015 may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling
    [423976] GTA V may crash on extended gameplay on some AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products
    [423982] GRID: Autosport™ and Batman™: Arkham Knight may not launch on some Intel+AMD configurations
    [423651] Applying Video Quality (VQ) settings while playing Flash/HTML5 content may result in screen flicker
    [420370] The Frame Rate option is erroneously displayed in the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center Performance Tab for systems with Intel processors and AMD GPUs.
    [423656] A Blue Screen error may be encountered on some AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products if AMD Crossfire™ is enabled/disabled while BluRay or DVD playback is in progress
    [423520] AMD Dual Graphics may not be available on some AMD A10-5750M-equipped laptops
    [423824] Unable to create an SLS in Eyefinity if a 5K display is part of the SLS.
    [423759] Fill SLS mode will not apply when 2560x1600 resolution and 2560x1440 resolution displays are used
    [423550] VSR mode may be erroneously displayed on devices that do not support the feature
    [423378] Dirt Rally™ may show corruption in game textures after installing the V500 game update
    [423969] System may hang while running the 3D Mark 2011 benchmark in a loop on some AMD Radeon™ R9 200 series products.
    [422748] Battlefield Hardline may experience stuttering during game play
    [422806] Battlefield Hardline may crash on pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del while running in Mantle mode
    ​[423311] A TDR error may be experienced when running the Windows Metro camera application in a SLS configuration
    [422944] Fire in Total War™ : Attila may experience corruption when in AMD CrossFire™ mode
    [422291] Battlefield 4 triggers TDR and crash when running in AMD Mantle mode
    [421719] Flickering and intermittent display blanking out with LG31MU97 if resolution is set above 1920x1080
    [422674] Corruption may occur in Dirt Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
    [421388] AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Series may experience screen corruption in 3Dmark11 "Deep Sea" Demo
    [422623] Rage: In game cinematic may stutter when quad AMD Crossfire™ mode is enabled
    ​[421110] The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt - Corruption may be observed when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire™ mode

the list is way too long for my tastes, even if only the first item concerns me.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Scipio

Firefox sucks, IMHO. Mostly because my ex-wife preferred it over Chrome based on no evidence whatsoever.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

I still prefer FF to Chrome.  I really don't like that minimalist approach.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Downloading Win8.1 currently.  Found a way to install it directly, without going through Win8.

Then I'll flush Linux Mint on the HTPC and use Win10, until the Linux community decides that wireless adapters are a thing of this century, worth having decent drivers for under an OS.

viper37

Ok, so, Win10 might not play nice for a clean install in the future, if you ever change hardware.

Anyhow, if you need to install Windows 8, like me, you can skip a step and go directly to Win8.1 before Win10:
http://www.howtogeek.com/187525/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-8.1-with-a-windows-8-key/

Agelastus

My laptop with the terrible Windows 8.1 is now upgraded to Windows 10.

Tried "Edge" - reverted to my old browser after less than five minutes. Far too minimalist.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

viper37

Well, Windows 10 killed my HTPC, it seems.  1 long beep, 2 short beep.  It seems to integrated video card is no longer working.
All of this started this morning when the screen turned black during Win10 install and refused to get back on while in Windows install.
Since then, I've been unable to reinstall any version of Windows.

Fuck it.  Both computers go to the shop at 12:00.

Did I tell you about my home, gaming PC wich died yesterday night?

I should have stayed working in the office. FUck that shit.

Grey Fox

It's the Intel+AMD config not working for ya.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

So I am going to wait a bit more before installing Windows 10 on my Bootcamp partition.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 31, 2015, 10:29:10 AM
It's the Intel+AMD config not working for ya.
Sound card stopped working.  Then trying to remove it and replace it, the computer would no longer reboot after that.
I thought of the troublesome switch, but even manually, on the board, it won't start.

But the HTPC that also died on me is full Intel.  Only iGPU video card.

Grey Fox

:hmm:

You are on your own, my copy still hasn't showed up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 31, 2015, 10:42:08 AM

Yeah that's weird.  My wife's copy hasn't showed up either.  The little program still just says "Thanks For Reserving Your Copy!" or whatever.  Or at least it did this morning before I left.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 31, 2015, 10:42:08 AM

you can download the ISO and install it once you've reserved your copy.  I'm not touching this for now.

Just went to the computer shop, he told me it was a loose cable inside.  The HTPC worked fine there.  Come back here, can't start it anymore.
1 long beep, 3 short.
It's either a video card problem (wich is integrated on the Intel CPU) or a ram problem.