0 (0%)
Jaron, ROTW
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dps

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2015, 04:04:22 PM
Never needed them.

Ditto.

Good dental health seems to run in my family.  My mom's 88 and still has some of her natural teeth;  I'm 53 and have all of mine.  My brother's an exception;  as far as I know, he doesn't have a bunch of cavities or had to have any root canals or extractions, but he needed braces but never got them--he looks like he has 3 front teeth.

Maximus

No. Never even went to the dentist as a kid. Couldn't afford it.

Razgovory

No, I had some kind medieval device that wrapped around my head.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

I had one molar that didn't desecnd all the way on the upper right side, but you can't sèe that and my upper front teeth are completely straight and the bottom row nearly so, so it wasn't necessary.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I had partial braces, for one top front tooth that was at about a 80 degree agree from the rest.  They didn't stay on too long, less than a year; that tooth is wandering again and I am debating doing something with it again.

My youngest had full on braces for almost 2 years, her teeth were a disaster.  Apparently ortho coverage that pays a max of $2000 on $6000 worth of work is "really good".  The ortho offered no interest payment plans spread over the estimated course of treatment, so it wasn't too bad.

Josquius

I had a removable one for a little while. Didn't do any good. Dentist suggests bolted on ones to get rid of my fang- it doesn't bother me that much though whereas being a metal mouth at that age would have
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on May 28, 2015, 06:30:08 PM
I had a removable one for a little while. Didn't do any good. Dentist suggests bolted on ones to get rid of my fang- it doesn't bother me that much though whereas being a metal mouth at that age would have

That's why I don't care about braces - who cares what my teeth look like at 40!

Being able to cleanly bite into a sandwich on the other hand... that's something *I* care about.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Brazen

Yes, four teeth out then the full on Jaws metal rings round the teeth with rubber bands effort for a year or so, then the single wire fixed at the back to finish off. It seems that type is so pold-fashioned I can't even find a picture of it to horrify you with. A bit like this:

Orthodontics were available on the NHS but my parents went private because NHS braces killed off one of my cousins' front teeth.

Norgy

I should've had for my front teeth. There's a gap big enough to fit an 18 wheeler between them.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

While, I've never had braces. Only 1 of my adult teeths never had a cavitie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Nope.  My teeth are near perfect-- if there's any flaw it's that they're too straight and close together.  Pain in the ass to floss.  Dentist and dental assistants always ask me if I had braces.

Side note-- about 20 years ago my dentist noticed on an x-ray that my incisors have split roots (you have to look closely but they are actually split into two).  Only molars are supposed to have split roots.  I asked him if I'm evolving or devolving.  He shrugged & said, "take your pick."
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Never had them and I probably could have used them. I assume my dentists as a kid felt otherwise but my teeth are a bit out of line on one side so it would seem braces could have been useful.

Barrister

Quote from: KRonn on May 29, 2015, 10:16:13 AM
Never had them and I probably could have used them. I assume my dentists as a kid felt otherwise but my teeth are a bit out of line on one side so it would seem braces could have been useful.

They can and do put braces on adults...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.