A battleship for Neil

Started by Ed Anger, June 19, 2009, 07:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on June 21, 2009, 08:17:52 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2009, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2009, 10:22:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
So Neil, why do you love battleships so much more than carriers? Is it the phallic symbolism inherit in the guns?
Because the dreadnought battleship was the apex of symmetrical, hierarchical naval warfare, which I find intellectually pleasing.  It is also the most important naval weapon of the late Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian eras, a period that I am interested in.
A much better answer than I was expecting. :)
I always knows the why behind my actions.
Yeah, but you often give ridiculous answers rather than serious ones.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2009, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 21, 2009, 08:17:52 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2009, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2009, 10:22:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
So Neil, why do you love battleships so much more than carriers? Is it the phallic symbolism inherit in the guns?
Because the dreadnought battleship was the apex of symmetrical, hierarchical naval warfare, which I find intellectually pleasing.  It is also the most important naval weapon of the late Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian eras, a period that I am interested in.
A much better answer than I was expecting. :)
I always knows the why behind my actions.
Yeah, but you often give ridiculous answers rather than serious ones.
Rarely when it involves dreadnoughts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2009, 12:33:59 AM
Quote from: Drakken on June 20, 2009, 06:55:50 PMA badly made representation: The chimney and the ovens are missing. :mellow:

Sold seperately.

The full collection:

Jesus fucking Christ... :bleeding:

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 21, 2009, 08:55:37 AM
A lot of us "hardcore" LEGO MOC builders are also not adverse to painting parts or cutting them with an exacto knife, either.

Is there anything that you aren't into?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM