Calling all Dr. Who and Buffy geeks (yes, I'm talking to you, Brazen)

Started by Martinus, June 22, 2009, 04:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Watch Angel instead of Buffy. It's odd when the spin-off is better than the original.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Actually both Torchwood and Angel show that with spin-offs you can often go into more interesting/less mainstream storylines because you can already rely on the main show's popularity to sell the idea to the networks.

Darth Wagtaros

Except that Torchwood is teh suck.

I liked Angel, but I only watched it off and on.  The last season was great.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Hmm. Giles is now playing Uther Pendragon in the new Merlin series.  I bet he's wishing he was doing those Folger's Choice commercials again.
PDH!

Korea

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2009, 04:47:05 AM

With Buffy start from the beginning; the early ones are better anyway.
Hell, watch up until Angel spins off then start watching that instead; a much better programme.
Supernatural is better than both of them though.

I think the later seasons of Buffy are way way better. The early seasons are still awesome but I just love the way the story progressed in later seasons.

Angel started out good but I think it ended up sucking, right? I only watched the first couple of seasons of it. The last thing I remember is that chick from Firefly being on there.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 23, 2009, 09:06:19 PM
Hmm. Giles is now playing Uther Pendragon in the new Merlin series.  I bet he's wishing he was doing those Folger's Choice commercials again.

Giles. :wub:
I want my mother fucking points!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on June 23, 2009, 04:12:01 AM
:nelson: Brazen totally blew you off, lambchop.
Lambchop?  What kind of relationship do you two have? :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Quote from: Korea on June 23, 2009, 10:07:43 PM
Angel started out good but I think it ended up sucking, right? I only watched the first couple of seasons of it. The last thing I remember is that chick from Firefly being on there.

It was both better and worse towards the end. I liked the last couple seasons except for Angel's son. They screwed that whole storyline up.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 22, 2009, 12:04:45 PM
Did you watch "True Blood" season 1 yet? if not you should asap.

I've just watched all the way up to the current episode.  I was suprised, I enjoyed it, and I've disliked all the other vampire/supernatural tv shows up till now.