Saudis decide to buy nukes from Pakistan due to Iran deal

Started by jimmy olsen, May 18, 2015, 03:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2015, 06:48:01 PM
One of the assumptions about nuclear winter scenarios is that the weapons go off over populated areas.  I am skeptical that the resulting firestorms would put smoke high enough into the atmosphere to cause long term change.

One way to find out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:33:43 AM
Oh no, this could result in the Middle Eastern countries annihilating each other completely in a mutually assured destruction nuclear exchange.  :hmm:

Leaving the entire region to... :Joos ?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on May 18, 2015, 07:20:51 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:33:43 AM
Oh no, this could result in the Middle Eastern countries annihilating each other completely in a mutually assured destruction nuclear exchange.  :hmm:

Leaving the entire region to... :Joos ?

He's a Euro, he's counting on one of those countries being wiped out being Israel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2015, 06:23:25 AM
If brains were dynamite, King Salman couldn't blow his nose.

So . . . his brains may still be quite sizable then?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson